Post Thanks / Like

Re: help choosing a fishfinder...

Good time to shop. Plenty of sales starting with the holidays around the corner. Any of the major brands will be good. I run the Lowrance Elite Ti2 with the 3 and 1 transducer. Been happy with it and it has down imaging and side scan. I'd stay away from the Hook or Elite Ti1, they are going to be on sale but the technology is older.

Good luck
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

Post Thanks / Like

I put the Dragonfly on my lake boat and love it.

Post Thanks / Like

We run a Helix 9 on the Sniffer Duckworth. I have been a Lowrance guy for 20 years, but have been super impressed with the Humminbird unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

choose the one that gives you wide angle transducer for shallow trolling, my old wide scan eagle did 135 degrees, 45 left, 45 right and 25 down, not good math.
    trolled at 20' bottom, but showed many fish deeper, moved out to 35' and did real well, back in the 90's brown trout hunting
    Now hummingbird and lowrance are good, gps I think is the best feature, mark where you hooked the fish and keep tracks and hit the area many times.
    Sometime 4-5 up to 10 fish in same area, Pyramid Lake

Post Thanks / Like

It's just a 14 foot alum with a console. I mainly use it on lakes and some smaller channels in the delta.

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of boat do you have? How it is configured can change what I would suggest.

No matter what I would say but the largest screen you can afford, no such thing as too big.

Raymarine Dragonfly might be a little on the high side of your budget but worth looking into as well. I picked up a Raymarine last year and have been very happy with it after owning both a Humminbird and Lowrence.

Post Thanks / Like

help choosing a fishfinder...

I am looking to outfit my boat with a new fishfinder. the one that came on it is shot.

My previous Boat had an first gen Lowrence HDS 5 which I liked but looks like technology has come a long way in 8 years.

I am looking for something that has GPS w/maps, structure scan would be nice.

Im looking in 400 dollar range. what are people thoughts on the new models? prefer lowrence or humming bird?

Cabelas has a black friday special on a hummingbird Helix 7in with GPS for 399 (reg 699). any one have feedback on this model?

thanks
    jeff