Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feather River November Times

November was actually pretty good to me this year..spent 7 days fishing and put 6 fish in the boat..2 limits and 3 skunks..ALL my November fish were males..all on flashers/cutplugs..I love this time of year especially when the weathers good..everyone else has given up and moved on but there's still fish moving into the system..just have to cater to what they want..having the river to yourself and the peacefulness that creates is what it's all about..catching is icing on the cake

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing_tail View Post
    Steelyman, we've all been there between work, kids and life I know how it goes. There have been many Spring seasons for me watching trucks with boats driving to the boat launch during striper season while I'm helping coach my kids' baseball team. Mark1 I will definitely keep goin till I stop catching fish, you can never have enough roe in the freezer and I seem to only catch the males unfortunately. I will also mention the only other boat that I saw yesterday at the end of the day also caught one fish on a flatfish. I graphed a few fish (3-4) and saw a handful jump, other than that its dead quiet.
    I also seemed to catch more males than females this year, still have roe in freezer vacuumed bags from '18 I need to use. Last Friday at one of my spots, 4 Salmon were caught from 7 seven guys including a 23 lber. One guy caught a double, he has 7 fish in Nov. and only caught 1 in Oct. I also have caught a few in Nov and in the past years do well in Nov. until the water turns brown.

Post Thanks / Like

Steelyman, we've all been there between work, kids and life I know how it goes. There have been many Spring seasons for me watching trucks with boats driving to the boat launch during striper season while I'm helping coach my kids' baseball team. Mark1 I will definitely keep goin till I stop catching fish, you can never have enough roe in the freezer and I seem to only catch the males unfortunately. I will also mention the only other boat that I saw yesterday at the end of the day also caught one fish on a flatfish. I graphed a few fish (3-4) and saw a handful jump, other than that its dead quiet.
    My biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing_tail View Post
    Who would've thought you could find more action on the river than in a duck blind this late in the year? Dragging silvertrons at Boyd's last week and yesterday coughed up these two kings. I love the river when there's not another single visitor. Thanks sniffer posts cuz I wouldn't keep goin out if you guys didn't keep posting on the lower Sac. Back to back 20+ lb fish make it all the worthwhile so most of you keep chasing the feathers I'll keep chasing_tail. Sorry I had to repost due to my "Tito's state of mind" last night20191115_200106.jpg20191124_005740.jpg20191123_120321.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Nice going!!! ..It's pretty great, all by yourself and great weather with no boat traffic, fighting and catching a couple 20+ lb Salmon...can't get better...Those late fall Salmon run fish are still out there and get them while you can with the water and weather still good. Getting some rain next week...3 weeks left. Good luck!

5. Likes Chasing_tail liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice cool fall weather and Salmon,,,,, Not sure if i should say thanks for the report or kick you in the knee cap.

Long slow month of november for me, no fishing or hunting.

7. Likes Chasing_tail, RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Feather River November Times

Who would've thought you could find more action on the river than in a duck blind this late in the year? Dragging silvertrons at Boyd's last week and yesterday coughed up these two kings. I love the river when there's not another single visitor. Thanks sniffer posts cuz I wouldn't keep goin out if you guys didn't keep posting on the lower Sac. Back to back 20+ lb fish make it all the worthwhile so most of you keep chasing the feathers I'll keep chasing_tail. Sorry I had to repost due to my "Tito's state of mind" last night20191115_200106.jpg20191124_005740.jpg20191123_120321.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    My biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

9. Likes RideNfish, SteelyMan, jjb, Stickman, Spinner liked this post