Thread: Sherman Island

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sherman Island

Happens from time to time. They seem to stick in the fins. I think they get caught in the line and they get hooked as it pulls across similar to lining salmon. Certainly nothing intentional but an occupational hazard.

Glad you got to enjoy some excitement and it swam away fine. Heading down that way in the morning if I don’t float away at the house tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sherman Island

Cowboy Fishing????

Post Thanks / Like

Sherman Island

The weather forecast looked good yesterday. So I decided to launch at the County ramp and try my luck with some topwater, and maybe troll a little. Water clarity was descent. Picked up a few under 20 inches tossing topwater. The water temp was 53, but I decided to see if I could get a few more trolling at slack tide. The stripers weren’t interested, but somehow I managed to snag a sturgeon by the tail. At first I thought I had a monster striper, but after a few minutes I knew something was off. After quite a long and enjoyable fight, I finally was able to see what was on the other end of the line. The hooks didn’t even penetrate. The line wrapped around its tail and caught on a treble hook. Took a few photos, and sent her back on her way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12' Western Aluminum with a 15hp 4stroke