2. Likes hooks, Datster_2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Going to start fishing again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Fishin_Rod

4. Likes hooks, Datster_2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This morning I changed the water pump, gear oil, and plugs. Then my son and I headed down to Melones. The boat ran great, we ran it for over 1 1/2 hours averaging 20 mph cruising and it had no hiccups at all. It ran very smooth through the small whitecaps/chop. I can’t wait tell after the first of the year to start fishing again and see if we can hook up with a sturgeon and some stripers.
    Last edited by FF_MYRL; 12-15-2019 at 08:00 PM.
    Fishin_Rod

6. Likes SteelyMan, Stickman, hooks, Datster_2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FF_MYRL View Post
    I just wanted to introduce myself again after a long hiatus. I use to fish quite a bit and was active on the fish sniffer forums, but then I sold my boat (22’ walk around) and life was busy. Well earlier this week I got an awesome steal on a 16 foot dual console welded aluminum boat. I spent a couple days getting it cleaned up and running well on the hose. I will do a test run this next week, after I replace the water pump and hopefully everything goes well. Then I can get some fish on! I live about 20 minutes from Melones Lake but like to fish Hogan, the delta and the bay targeting bass, stripers, salmon, halibut and sturgeon. I look forward to contributing to the board again.

FF_Myrl / Rodney / Fishin_Rod

Good luck out there.....

8. Likes FF_MYRL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back and congrats on a great find.
    That boat will be great in your neck of the woods at New Melones. Just in time for the upcoming trolling for Trout.

235 Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

10. Likes Jetspray, FF_MYRL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I built everything on my 46Wilyz from the ground up. It has a 5.3LS, 4l60, Dana 300, 14 Bolt and Dana 60 as running gear.

The boat deal was great, the guy I bought it from was the son of the original owner, the owner had passed away 10 years ago and the boat had just sat with a cover on it. They now want to sell the property and needed the boat gone. He told me that I could haul it off for $500, all he told me was it was a 1995 Spectrum with downriggers. I showed up at the property and was completely surprised the boat was in great shape, had fishing gear still in it and 2 electric Scotty downrigger. It looked like the owner came home from fishin and parked the boat, his fishing license were still hanging on the throttle. I’ll have to figure out how to post pictures again. It was an amazing find.

12. Likes Paintguy, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome jeep!

I'm looking daily for such a "deal" on a larger boat. I find them but every time so far they are sold when I call.

Hope it's a fishy boat for you.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to start fishing again!

I just wanted to introduce myself again after a long hiatus. I use to fish quite a bit and was active on the fish sniffer forums, but then I sold my boat (22’ walk around) and life was busy. Well earlier this week I got an awesome steal on a 16 foot dual console welded aluminum boat. I spent a couple days getting it cleaned up and running well on the hose. I will do a test run this next week, after I replace the water pump and hopefully everything goes well. Then I can get some fish on! I live about 20 minutes from Melones Lake but like to fish Hogan, the delta and the bay targeting bass, stripers, salmon, halibut and sturgeon. I look forward to contributing to the board again.

FF_Myrl / Rodney / Fishin_Rod

16. Likes Stickman, Jetspray, hooks, okie, Paintguy, Waterdog liked this post