Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stream fishing Norcal

Here is a good write up on the lower yuba:

https://www.keepcalmandflyfish.com/2...river.html?m=1

Post Thanks / Like

Places to park and access the river would be sycamore ranch campground, hammon grove park, or the highway 20 bridge (parks bar bridge). If you park at the bridge on the north side of the river, you will want to work your way upstream from there. If you park at the bridge on the south side of the river you can fish downstream or follow a dirt road that parallels the river downstream for a ways and you can park and walk to the river from several different spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryanv829 View Post
    Hit up the lower yuba outside of Marysville. Good winter dry fly fishing. Bwo's, pmd's, skwallas. Chance of hooking into steelhead as well.
    Any particular areas you’d recommend? Looks like there’s not a lot of access going north on 20.

But yes, looks like it’s open, just no barbs, artificial only and zero limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hit up the lower yuba outside of Marysville. Good winter dry fly fishing. Bwo's, pmd's, skwallas. Chance of hooking into steelhead as well.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're okay with C&R, the upper American forks are open with a zero bag limit! Artificial lures with barbless hooks only.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to persevere! Nice pic. Thank you for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

So I actually went up and fished the Upper Sac today since I found out parts of it are open year round with the same restrictions as the East Carson. Zero limit, no barbs, artificial lures only. Did some nymph fishing for awhile, missed two fish and had one big one just follow my nymphs downstream.

Flows weren’t too bad today and best time to fish was between 2-3pm. It was between the 30’s-40’sF today as well.

Got one fish on one of my last casts in some slow pocket water. One was all I needed to make my day.

I usually don’t like pulling fish out of the water, but I was on a pretty big rock and couldn’t reach the fish so I had to bring on to the shore. Good thing it was sand and grass though. It swam away. Nice wild trout. It was about 18” or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Stickman, ucsbfisherman, MtnFisher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not legally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gbslade View Post
    One more time: Sierra District streams ( east of Highway 49) are closed until the last Saturday in April unless otherwise listed in the special regulations section.
    Are you saying you can't fish electra until April?

Post Thanks / Like

One more time: Sierra District streams ( east of Highway 49) are closed until the last Saturday in April unless otherwise listed in the special regulations section.

12. Likes Stickman, Waterdog liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast