Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trolling for trout at Tulloch advice

Quote Originally Posted by jwirch View Post
    Cal,

Check this web site and also Arctic Fox flies.

https://www.trollingflies.com/jay-fair-trolling-flies-1

Sweet! Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Cal,

Check this web site and also Arctic Fox flies.

https://www.trollingflies.com/jay-fair-trolling-flies-1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jwirch View Post
    Cal,

I've fished Tulloch many times, its a great fishery!! Always put fish in the boat. The best places for me have been upriver past the bridge and start at the 1st bend in the river. I've come down river staying on the south side/middle using trolling flies (Pond Smelt - Orange) and naked crawlers. Stay in the top 10' of water. I've been all the way upriver to the buoy line and caught fish also. Most times I caught fish coming down river, but have also has success going upriver. Make sure you're 100'-125' set back. I've also caught fish along the dam, below/under the bridge. Hope this helps!!! Have a great time, see you on the water sometime, tight lines....Kokenut (Jeff)

Thanks for information!!! Im excited to get out there and get some fish in the boat! Where do you usually purchase your trolling flies from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Trolling for trout at Tulloch advice

Cal,

I've fished Tulloch many times, its a great fishery!! Always put fish in the boat. The best places for me have been upriver past the bridge and start at the 1st bend in the river. I've come down river staying on the south side/middle using trolling flies (Pond Smelt - Orange) and naked crawlers. Stay in the top 10' of water. I've been all the way upriver to the buoy line and caught fish also. Most times I caught fish coming down river, but have also has success going upriver. Make sure you're 100'-125' set back. I've also caught fish along the dam, below/under the bridge. Hope this helps!!! Have a great time, see you on the water sometime, tight lines....Kokenut (Jeff)

5. Likes TrackerDV17, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Trolling for trout at Tulloch advice

Hey everyone! I am going to be heading up to Tulloch in the next few weeks and wanted to try trolling for some trout. I have never trout fished this lake and was wondering if anyone on here has had some success there and wouldn't mind sharing some pointers. Is it best to fish up the river arm? I dont have down riggers so with my lead-core setup I can get to around 25ft down... would that suffice, or are they on surface? Thanks for any help really appreciate it!