Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Folsom 1/5/19

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Folsom 1/5/19

With the inlets bringing in nice "Freezing" snow melt waters, I would think that the main lake down deep
    where the thermo might be at least 7* warmer, may be a starting point to get a fish now and then.

The shallow bays might be a little warmer but trolling is not an option but it might hold fish outside the bays.

Early Spring bites can be tough, even more so if the water is stained.
    Good luck down there.

SteelyDon
    Post Thanks / Like

Hook Re: Folsom 1/5/19

I fished Folsom for Trout when I 1st got my boat 10 years ago and trolling for Trout was all I did. Pulled out some nice Rainbows up to 20+". They are in there and you will get if you put in the time. Rapala's and any spoon usually works, even got a few on grubs and trolling flies. I'm a believer that not any ONE thing works when fishing. You must have luck! You must have line in the water and fish must be hungry and see it.

One thing for sure you cannot catch anything on your couch! So get out there and give it a shot

3. Likes CAL.NDN, Stickman, Trickytrucker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KERPOW View Post
    I fished the South Fork last Thursday. I got 4 trout fishing 4.5 hours from 7:30am to 12. I trolled Speedy Shiners, stick baits, and Apex lures at various speeds. The only thing that got hit was speedy shiners about 3mph after a speed change, 5-15 ft deep. I caught 2 early within 5 minutes of each other, then nothing for about 2.5 hours. Got the other 2 within 10 minutes, and then nothing else.
    In a 4-7 hour day, I usually catch 3 to 5 fish. Changing speed and direction frequently seems to work for me as often I get bit after a change, usually speedy shiners work best. Just have put the time in and be there when they decide to bite. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Being in the right place at the right time=success and a lot of fun. Great to be there when that happens!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KERPOW View Post
    I fished the South Fork last Thursday. I got 4 trout fishing 4.5 hours from 7:30am to 12. I trolled Speedy Shiners, stick baits, and Apex lures at various speeds. The only thing that got hit was speedy shiners about 3mph after a speed change, 5-15 ft deep. I caught 2 early within 5 minutes of each other, then nothing for about 2.5 hours. Got the other 2 within 10 minutes, and then nothing else.
    In a 4-7 hour day, I usually catch 3 to 5 fish. Changing speed and direction frequently seems to work for me as often I get bit after a change, usually speedy shiners work best. Just have put the time in and be there when they decide to bite. Good luck.

The pic in the top left looks like a King.
    I FISH, THEREFORE I CUSS AND LIE!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job. I'm looking to get out this weekend. Very encouraging. Anybody fish the Rattlesnake bar area this time of year? I've had success in recent years in January along the inlets.
    See y'all out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Folsomtroller22 View Post
    If you do go I wish you the very best of luck for whatever that's worth. I getting very anxious to hear that somebody caught some (one) fish at Folsom. Please catch something so I am encouraged enough to go!
    Iv gone twice, caught a bass the first time... and lost what looked liked a decent fish the second time. So there is, shall I dare to say... hope?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cal1319 View Post
    Fishing Folsom is such a crazy thing! Thinking of trying the main lake on Sunday... who knows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you do go I wish you the very best of luck for whatever that's worth. I getting very anxious to hear that somebody caught some (one) fish at Folsom. Please catch something so I am encouraged enough to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pointemdown View Post
    Fished it again Monday. We fished 10-40 feet deep with speedy shiners for about 4 hours in the south fork. No bites. So I have no recommendations, other than try something different!
    Fishing Folsom is such a crazy thing! Thinking of trying the main lake on Sunday... who knows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Fished it again Monday. We fished 10-40 feet deep with speedy shiners for about 4 hours in the south fork. No bites. So I have no recommendations, other than try something different!

12. Likes Cal1319 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast