Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: A Winter Day at Topaz Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Don - Nevada View Post
    Many years ago, I was cross country skiing at Winnemucca Lake (near Kit Carson Pass), it was very cold and icy, and the wind blew so hard, it blew me sideways while I was stopped to take a rest.
    Thing is Don it's simple, we set up to fish from shore, then head back to the vehicle to warm up. I have carried a propane heater from time to time. We also dress warm like the kid from Christmas story, hard to get your arms down...…..Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Winter Day at Topaz Lake.

Many years ago, I was cross country skiing at Winnemucca Lake (near Kit Carson Pass), it was very cold and icy, and the wind blew so hard, it blew me sideways while I was stopped to take a rest.

4. Likes Jetspray, Captain Compassion, MKE liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don - Nevada View Post
    Brrrr! Too cold for me!

Looks like you guys had fun.
    If you live in Nevada and fish all year they you have to take the good along with the bad. At least there was little wind. To me that's the deal breaker.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brrrr! Too cold for me!

Looks like you guys had fun.

8. Likes Captain Compassion, Jetspray liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A Winter Day at Topaz Lake.

Efren and brother Roland are in town so a Saturday trip to Topaz is in order. When we left Minden with the temp at 12 degrees. By the time we got to the lake the temperature soared to 18 degrees under mostly cloudy skies. We fished the snow covered west shore for 9 trout in 7 hours. Several nice ones and some small. The water is very cold and the trout sluggish. Lots of bites but it was difficult to transform into fish to the shore. Jeff. As always it was nice fishing with you. Efren nice seeing you and your brother again. I will pull for the Niners on Sunday.

CC

Cold Morning

Some Reluctant Trout

Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

10. Likes hooks, Jetspray, Stickman, MKE, TBSP, muledeer12 liked this post