Thread: Goose Pastrami

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Goose Pastrami

BTW I live in Gardnerville NV and love to use my Traeger during the winter. I do this by putting a welding blanket over the smoker and clipping it down while in operation so that the wind does not create problems. I got one from Harbor Freight in Carson City........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes Nvsleepingbear liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Goose Pastrami

Quote Originally Posted by Nvsleepingbear View Post
    I have a 30" digital masterbuilt with remote but I use a thermo-pro that has a calibration feature. Now my problem is everyone want's some!!!
    That is not a problem it is a bribe to all that enjoy your cooking. Good luck out there......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

4. Likes Nvsleepingbear liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Man I do not hunt but that sounds tasty to me. I have so many rubs in my cabinet and had smokers for years, having a portable thermometer is a must, and these days many of them have apps for your phone. I do not need those because I am retired and the Traeger comes on when I want to smoke something, freezers are full......Jetspray
    I have a 30" digital masterbuilt with remote but I use a thermo-pro that has a calibration feature. Now my problem is everyone want's some!!!

6. Likes MKE, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nvsleepingbear View Post
    If you don't like the taste of Goose(Duck) this will change your mind. Pretty easy to do purchase or make your own brine. Brine for three days then put into the smoker at 130f for the first hour (damper open) then increase to 170f for the next hour (damper closed 3/4 quarter). Then increase heat to 225 until 150f let rest and then place in a fridge ,cooler or cold garage and slice the next day. I also threw in a spoonie that usually has a taste of liver, Not after this. Its best spoonie I have eaten.One more step make a rub with ground paprika, coriander and black pepper before smokinggoose patrami.jpg
    Man I do not hunt but that sounds tasty to me. I have so many rubs in my cabinet and had smokers for years, having a portable thermometer is a must, and these days many of them have apps for your phone. I do not need those because I am retired and the Traeger comes on when I want to smoke something, freezers are full......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Goose Pastrami

If you don't like the taste of Goose(Duck) this will change your mind. Pretty easy to do purchase or make your own brine. Brine for three days then put into the smoker at 130f for the first hour (damper open) then increase to 170f for the next hour (damper closed 3/4 quarter). Then increase heat to 225 until 150f let rest and then place in a fridge ,cooler or cold garage and slice the next day. I also threw in a spoonie that usually has a taste of liver, Not after this. Its best spoonie I have eaten.One more step make a rub with ground paprika, coriander and black pepper before smokinggoose patrami.jpg
    Last edited by Nvsleepingbear; 01-22-2020 at 08:38 AM.

9. Likes CAL.NDN, Jetspray, MKE liked this post