Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CA state fishing closure could be next

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    Come on, do you have to put a political spin? That's what closed the "Camp fire" forum.

His points are spot on,,,

2. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gdr_11 View Post
    Its been pretty clear over the past ten years that California (the state government and the majority of liberal minions)
    Come on, do you have to put a political spin? That's what closed the "Camp fire" forum.

235 Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

4. Likes DBoardfox liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Its been pretty clear over the past ten years that California (the state government and the majority of liberal minions) do not consider fishing and hunting to be anything more than a financially lucrative but undesirable past time. If they could deal with the economic impact, the State would probably love to close all hunting and fishing altogether, and I am sure that is the eventual goal of many in power. So, although they pay lip service to the two sports, no one should expect much support from the Governor or the Legislature beyond what influence some of the pro-outdoor legislators may be able to provide.

I can remember the day when every newspaper ran and outdoor sports page with fishing and hunting info and opening season articles. Sadly, other than some small town exceptions, that is a thing of the past. The public has been trained to see Whole Foods as the best source of fish as opposed to the barbarians who put a hook into creatures and tortures them.

6. Likes Muley Buck, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I saw the WA state article as well. Please allow us to continue fishing as long as we practice distancing. If I want to take my boat out of Morro Bay, like say next weekend, with my wife, what's the issue? I already know I can't keep my distance from her.

8. Likes Waterdog, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kusotare View Post
    Not that I don't believe you, but how will they manage to close a BAY??
    Marinas and boat ramps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Reel Deal View Post
    waterdog, i agree, it's too bad that a some bad apples spoiled it for everyone. They simply need to stop the spread by all means necessary. I get just going to lake and back and not touching or seeing anyone. but you are using gas in boat and car which means more trips to the gas stations, maybe stop for food, etc. there is just no way to ensure people go to lake, stay 6 feet apart and go straight home without stopping anywhere" resources are drained right now. open lakes mean sheriffs must patrol, etc.

i'm not happy about it at al but I guess I get it. gonna be like this for 4-6 more weeks. I think we can all survive with no fishing for a few weeks if it means slowing the spread and saving lives.
    Sorry, don’t agree. We already have millions of people daily going to work, going to grocery stores, gas stations, hardware stores, medical facilities, take out food and on and on. People fishing is microscopic compared to all the people out and about, many not practicing social distancing. If a lake requires LEO patrols and The jurisdictions don’t have sufficient resources then shut that lake down. But there are plenty of lakes without any patrols (mostly the smaller ones) let people fish there, in a boat or not. The delta and bay will have CG and sheriff patrols whether people are fishing there or not. Let people fish the delta and bays. I think allowing recreational outlets like fishing in these dark times are for the greater good and will do more positive than not.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

11. Likes SteelyMan, Muley Buck, Trickytrucker liked this post
    Great State of California, Land of the liberals
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    I don’t understand closing down all fishing. Most fishing is easy to do while practicing “social distancing”. In most cases most people especially shore fishing, people don’t want to be close to each other. For fishing in boats you could limit it to no more than 1 or two passengers in a boat. People are going crazy under the current conditions and we need some recreational outlets like fishing to help us get through this crisis time. Fishing can be done safely and can help us mentally and psychologically.
    I understand temporarily closing places where you have to pay a person at a kiosk to get into as those could become vectors for the virus. But public launches or launches where there is the iron ranger shouldn’t be any problem. When I launch a boat no one is ever within 50’ of each other. Fishing is good for the mind and the soul.

waterdog, i agree, it's too bad that a some bad apples spoiled it for everyone. They simply need to stop the spread by all means necessary. I get just going to lake and back and not touching or seeing anyone. but you are using gas in boat and car which means more trips to the gas stations, maybe stop for food, etc. there is just no way to ensure people go to lake, stay 6 feet apart and go straight home without stopping anywhere" resources are drained right now. open lakes mean sheriffs must patrol, etc.

i'm not happy about it at al but I guess I get it. gonna be like this for 4-6 more weeks. I think we can all survive with no fishing for a few weeks if it means slowing the spread and saving lives.

13. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t understand closing down all fishing. Most fishing is easy to do while practicing “social distancing”. In most cases most people especially shore fishing, people don’t want to be close to each other. For fishing in boats you could limit it to no more than 1 or two passengers in a boat. People are going crazy under the current conditions and we need some recreational outlets like fishing to help us get through this crisis time. Fishing can be done safely and can help us mentally and psychologically.
    I understand temporarily closing places where you have to pay a person at a kiosk to get into as those could become vectors for the virus. But public launches or launches where there is the iron ranger shouldn’t be any problem. When I launch a boat no one is ever within 50’ of each other. Fishing is good for the mind and the soul.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

15. Likes Muley Buck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kusotare View Post
    They are not (yet) closing a bay, they are closing marinas, launch ramp facilities and areas where people gather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    HMB and Oyster Point to close effective 3/27/20.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast