Post Thanks / Like

Re: seirra bank fishing

I'll second Jackson Meadows for bank fishing in the fall. I meet some friends there every Columbus day, some with boats and some without, the bankies often do better.
    Fuller lake off of Hwy 20 might be a good bet with Spaulding being hit and miss it's worth a shot. If you are up for a mild, two mile hike (approx.) around the lake to the power house it can be great fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Hwy50: Echo lake is mighty pretty right now; Hwy80 Donner & Hwy88 Blue lakes for 11" "planters" ; but if you really want to enjoy yourself this time of year try this. Hwy89: Jackson Meadows 30 min north of Truckee Calif. Late sept-Oct shore fishing at dock produced 18-23" bows for me last year when my boat motor gave out!! All I hade was worms , but power bait might have worked better!! Later...Mr Ed

Post Thanks / Like

I have always done well at Stumpy meadows in the fall from shore by the dam with a marshmello and a Pautzke's on the bottom with a slidler

Post Thanks / Like

As my memory recalls limits were pretty much the rule at Stumpy Meadows when the weather cools and water draws down in September. Found the hour or so before dark to be particularly good.

Post Thanks / Like

Caples and Silver up Hwy 88

Kyburz, Ice House, Wrights, Loon, Union valley up 50

Post Thanks / Like

Upper Blue Lake off 88

Post Thanks / Like

As temps cool off, the fishing will get better. My recommendation: Caples, by the spillway, early morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Off hwy 50 on Ice House Rd. try Loon Lake, south shore ;)

mighty_bite

A lot of the lakes are dropping water levels for the winter which makes for daily changes from the bank,find the deeper water and go from there.Not much help untill I wet a line.

troutzilla

seirra bank fishing

got a tons of time of work right now looking for some advice on some lakes off 50/80/88 with any good trout action for a banker