Thread: capell cove

Post Thanks / Like

Re: capell cove

Im not sure, where you parked, was there big rocks in a circle in the parking area? And was there a hill that goes down to the water and a porta pottie?

Post Thanks / Like

are you talking about the area where if you're facing the water, it's rocky to the right and to the left it's kinda sandy. that's where i was at. at the launch i didn't even bother because there was so many people there.

Post Thanks / Like

Id say Capell Cove is the best fishing spot on the lake! There are monster Bass in the cove along with alot of Crappie, Bluegill, and Catfish. There is a dirt parking lot on the way to the boat launch that has good fishing from shore. You can fish off the big rocky ledges, its a stright drop off and its perfect for Bass! Alot of them hang out right next to that rocky ledge. But you would do much better with a boat, tie the boat up to a tree and drop live minnows. I have gotten Bass, Crappie, and HUGE catfish this way.

Post Thanks / Like

If you get there at first light, there's usually a few bass jumping around the launch area. Nice and deep there, so you won't get snagged as much. Try that area at first light and maybe sundown.

Post Thanks / Like

There's alot of panfish in those bushes @ the right time of yr. But I'd have a boat,from shore you'd end up snagging in the bushes more often then not.
    Just my 2 cents ;)
    Paul
    FISHINFOOL
    Lonewolf/Mod@gunsbay.com

Post Thanks / Like

capell cove

i got to capell cove and where do you fish. i see the bushes and stuff right before the cove, is that a good spot? i'm from shore also. i did see a couple of carp swimming but that's about it.

thanks