Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SET THE HOOK!!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: California Starry Flounders?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDude View Post
    They are supposed to be one of the best eating fish. We've caught quite a few around RV and Isleton on shad when bait fishing for Stripers. I don't think they're that picky. Just have to find them is all.

Fish On Dudes!! 8-)
    Their excellent eating! I can remember, as a kid, going out of Corte Madera with dad, chasing flounder. We would catch a bunch of starrys, mom would fry the fillets and it was a great meal.( Talking 45 yrs. ago ). Point is Excellent eating!

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody ever catch one on a bucktail? Works for halibut so why not right? Im going to bank fish benicia soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sampsun View Post
    Are these flounders easy to catch?
    Usually caught as bycatch when fishing stripers or sturgeon, they can be targeted with success when open (or from the shore year round)

Post Thanks / Like

Are these flounders easy to catch?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Roughster is right. Remember that this thread is 5 years old with lots of obsolete info in the first part.

All starry flounder are subject to the same regs, regardless of where you catch them. If they're not in season in the ocean, they're not in season anywhere in the state. Period.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roughster View Post
    I hate to come across harsh but I have provided the direct DFG communication on this issue from 2014.

If you keep any Starry Flounder from a boat east of the Carquinez and you have read and disregarded this post, enjoy your fine...
    He's right.

Post Thanks / Like

California Starry Flounders?

I hate to come across harsh but I have provided the direct DFG communication on this issue from 2014.

If you keep any Starry Flounder from a boat east of the Carquinez and you have read and disregarded this post, enjoy your fine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Roughster; 02-16-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That article is from 2012, pretty sure the regs changed since. Unless you can find that info in the current 2015 regs, I wouldn't trust that article.

Quote Originally Posted by 1fishaholic View Post
    Let me start by saying I haven't read every reply to this thread. I believe the regs that your referring to are SF based(point arena to pigeon point including SF and San Pablo bay's. My under standing is when a flounder passes under carquinez bridge it is said to be fresh water...no limit and tasty! http://www.norcalfishingnews.com/sto...plained?id=541

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1fishaholic View Post
    Let me start by saying I haven't read every reply to this thread. I believe the regs that your referring to are SF based(point arena to pigeon point including SF and San Pablo bay's. My under standing is when a flounder passes under carquinez bridge it is said to be fresh water...no limit and tasty! http://www.norcalfishingnews.com/sto...plained?id=541
    You only have to read the posts on this page to know that you're incorrect. They're currently out of season.

Post Thanks / Like

2016 23 North River
    250hp Yamaha SHO
    9.9hp Yamaha
    Lowrance/Simrad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast