Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crockett Historical Museum (Record Sturgeon)

Quote Originally Posted by RENOBOYS
    Never heard of it
    I think it would be worth visiting. It is in crockett right next to the C&H sugar factory. They are open on wed and sat. I am going to be sure to check it out. Probably get some pics too.

I have been hearing this tale from my father since i was a kid. On how it was caught and what little tackle was used. I just have to see it for myself.

Post Thanks / Like

These fish are legends my grandfather and uncle caught one at Hood Franklin building about 20yrs ago that was 355lb 9ft long and covered by all the local news stations it was on for about 3hrs and a crowd gathered on the bank to watch I will never forget it. ( maybe sac river record? )

Reel Fun

Post Thanks / Like

Ya seen the same show,, quite a story, guy and girlfreind out for a picknic and all hell breacks lose,, I think the beast went like 468lbs not sure but close,, Hey us river rats got are on delta record,, ever herd of the Outrigger Marina at Three mile Slough,, well we got 390lber stuffed on the wall at the resteraunt,, guy hooked this big mama on 25lb test line fishin for whisker fish,,5 hour fight, in the 80s and it looks it,, i havent been in there to see in a few years i hope its still in one piece!! These days its about savin the big fish and im all for that,, its the only thing we can do to keep the grandkids talkin the talk like we do!! but hey back then it was a different word in a good way!! noboby thought about the end of the world!! It was a fishery that was there to be fished!! hats off to those big game hunters of old!! CJ [smiley=captjack.gif]

4. Likes Spinner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya its there, seen it like 6 yrs ago though. When u walk in look up on the back wall. Could only dream.........saw the story about it on National Geograpic channel...........Caught by Joey Pallotta.....i think?

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of it

Post Thanks / Like

Crockett Historical Museum (Record Sturgeon)

Has anyone gone and seen this somewhat stuffed sturgeon.
    I guess it shows the record sturgeon caught right there in the straight and his pole and tackle.

I have heard it is worth seeing. Went by there yesterday (on way home from dentist) but they were closed. Only open on wed and sat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12