Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Pro?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Power Pro?

A true shock leader goes around the spool 2 or 3 times then out to your lure and is joined to the main line with some style of knot, usualy a blood knot, ( add a drop of super glue )

Post Thanks / Like

That might work. I will go bare handed like last season and was OK. If I do get a cut or something like I did 2 years ago just using mono then I need some protection! I did not get the cut from casting but it sure made it hard for a few weeks after and did not help in the healing process.

Post Thanks / Like

Finger Protection

This might be an idea to help protect your finger from line cuts.

Get a 3 finger shooting glove at an archery store or an outdoor store bps/cabelas. They are not used much these day because most Archers use releases because it's more precise.

The 3 fingers is just a leather finger tip glove that only goes down to your middle knuckle. the rest of the palm is normal it has a wrist strap that holds it on and I think would do the trick and not be cumbersome.

Here is a link to a picture of what I am talking about.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...3D4K8%26sa%3DN
    I'll bet you a 6 pack of your favorite beer that I can out fish you at your favorite honey hole. PM me to challenge.

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with ghost about the heavy leader,but if your leader is to long you might have trouble casting i used to start with a long leader then cut it down to fit my casting technique

Post Thanks / Like

a very good part of it has to do with hauling them up.. just grab the big swivel as not to cut up the hands on the braid or worse the big trebbles trying to lip them and drag them suckers up. with heavy leader and heavy braid you don't have to worry about breaking them off or putting all the load on your rod after the waves start to receed. grab and walk back..
    if you fish for trout you will catch trout!! if you fish for steelhead you might catch steelhead!!

Post Thanks / Like

What I've been told was The Shock Leader Should be at least 10 lbs for every once casted. Correct me if I'm wrong but The 80 lb Shock leader has more to do with the Leader dealing with the rough elements over here and some guys like the heavy leaders tom haul in there Hogs when they catch one. :)

Post Thanks / Like

Things have sure changed from when I started just 3 years ago. Then it was 12# test main line to 25# leader that was only 18". Now 50# main line 80# 36" shock leader :o
    I guess we better change out the hooks on the lures to keep up ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GCinGV
    Thanks DD. How long is your shock leader?
    Gary
    36 inches. ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks DD. How long is your shock leader?
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GCinGV
    For throwing plugs with braid are you guys using a mono shock leader or just tying to the snap? If so how long?
    Thanks Gary
    yes a mono shock leader.......I tie a Sampo Ball-Bearing Swivel from my main line to 50 to 80 lb. mono then at the end of the shocker I tie a Duolock Snap and attach the plug to that. 8-)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast