Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Koke/trout reels?

I have Shimano Callistos, Shimano Cardiff, and a Shimano Calcutta. The Callistos and Cardiff are decent, the Cardiff cost more than 3 times than the Callistos. I got a good deal on the Calcutta, I haven't used it yet.

I know if you buy the ABU Garcia at Fisherman's Warehouse, they can add the "clicker" for a nominal fee. I like the Callistos, you can't beat $29 a piece.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm looking at the Ambassadeur's...I know Abu Garcia makes a good reel. One question though, do the 4600 series AG's come with clicker "alarms" I guess you call it. My bigger Salmon trolling reels do, just want to make sure these do also. Also what do you guys think of the Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 4600 c4. Found one for cheaper than the C3. I think it is last years model...dark blue and black, & do you know if it has a clicker?
    Thanks Fellas

Post Thanks / Like

Beast - you will remain happy with your reel choice provided you spend enough dollars the first time. It is imperative that your drag be reliable over the long haul, and a very reliable light drag is required for proper kokanee fishing. I'm talking about being able to micro-tune your drag so that it will remain just barely loaded in the downrigger. And that setting should stay there when the fish is landed. I have had cheaper reels that feel great at the shop, but fail to remain so in actual use. I use the Shimano Calcutta 151 (150 is right handed) and have never regretted spending the money. And 20 years from now I will be confident that I still have the right reels.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Daiwa sealine, line counter #sg17lca, about 80.00 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses on this.Abu Garcia 5600 C4. About $65.00. Tumbar release smooth drags and not too pricey. Good luck on your decision

Post Thanks / Like

I use Shimano Symetre 2500($79)for spinning rods and Ambassedeur 4600 C-3 series ($60) baitcaster as a trolling reel. Baitcasters seem to be a little easier to use with downriggers in my opinion. Both reels are great with 6-10 lb line.

Post Thanks / Like

Koke/trout reels?

I've always just used my regular UL spinning reels/rods for both creeks and trolling. Now I'm getting a couple of rods just for the boat. I'll be using 7'UL Lamiglas and Catera rods. Just wondering your guys opinions on some reels for those. Not looking for super high dollar reels, just middle of the road I guess, or maybe even cheap ones that you guys have found you like. I usually use 6lb test....Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123