Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kokaneemart.com

Re: bullards bar 1/31/06

fishsmoker.

I also welcome you to the boards! I've fished Bullards for @ 15 years and I start in April straight out from Dark Day. I progress upriver to the river fork at Garden Point and in the Mill Creek area (the cove North of Garden Point). I have found BBar to be a green pattern lake in most years but last year they went nuts for pink Radical Glow Tubes. (but where didn't they!? ;) ) I know the lake pretty well but I tip my hat to fishwithgary who is the resident expert. I'd suggest you PM him for more info and maybe a ride on his guide boat. Great time and great guy...can't go wrong.

Good luck chasing those elusive kokes and enjoy the shared knowledge of these boards...good folks with REAL information! ;D ;D

Post Thanks / Like

They should be at least the size of last year, 14"-16" by summer and early fall. Project Kokanee and the DFG have been stocking fewer fish in the past years trying to improve the size of fish.

Post Thanks / Like

So by judging all of the knowledgeable responses, are the kokanee going to be bigger than last year, in your opinions of course?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishsmoker
    I was wondering just what were the circumstances of these alleged 14"chromies?i.e what area?what depth?maybe a vague description of the terminal tackle?thanks F.S.
    Empty_Net covered most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Net
    The kokanee just need a little time to grow up. They will be in the 14" range probably by July. At least they were last July. Check out the Dam, Willow creek(straight out from Dark Day ramp), and the mouth of the river arm and up about a mile. Depths will vary alot as water temp's warm. Usually 40'-120', thats where the electronics are a necessity. Just the usual kokanee gear, dodgers with bugs, Uncle Larry spinners, hoochies, apexes, wedding rings, etc.. Just remember to add a kernel or two of white shoepeg corn and your good to go. Pro-Cure scents are always a plus also.
    The Kokanee fishery at Bullard's Bar seems to go in cycles. Some years the fish are 10 or 11 inches and fall right through the net. Then other years they are 12 inches, but as fat as footballs and weigh about 1 lb. Then, there are years when they're 14 to 15 inches, but are lean and don't have that much weight to them. It's pretty much different every year.

Post Thanks / Like

The kokanee just need a little time to grow up. They will be in the 14" range probably by July. At least they were last July. Check out the Dam, Willow creek(straight out from Dark Day ramp), and the mouth of the river arm and up about a mile. Depths will vary alot as water temp's warm. Usually 40'-120', thats where the electronics are a necessity. Just the usual kokanee gear, dodgers with bugs, Uncle Larry spinners, hoochies, apexes, wedding rings, etc.. Just remember to add a kernel or two of white shoepeg corn and your good to go. Pro-Cure scents are always a plus also.

phishinfool

I was wondering just what were the circumstances of these alleged 14"chromies?i.e what area?what depth?maybe a vague description of the terminal tackle?thanks F.S.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pics fishsmoker. Now they just need to get a little larger than 11 inches. Haha. Two years ago I caught 14+ inchers out of there, but I didn't attempt last summer since Dark Day was closed, which left only 1 ramp for the entire lake. Hopefully those guys will feed a little more in the next few months.

phishinfool

.Re: bullards bar 1/31/06

Thanks ||_kaidoy_|| I needed that!heres the lil fellas and the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

This can help you if with your pictures.

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/f...num=1119448256

phishinfool

Thanks for the warm welcome,i have picts and uploaded them to imageshack but im only 38 and am having hard time getting from the post page to pics.water level seemed 30-40 feet from full,as for size they fought like they were 16",but more like 11".I want to can these so small is allright,the meat is very pink.depth ranged from 10' to 25'[img]http;img6373.imageshack.usimg/4750/img0567sniffer1ja,jpg[/img][img]http;//img55.imageshack.us/img/55/3773/imgo565asniff5hj.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast