Thread: delta trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Re: delta trouble

i never use any leader longer than 20in. * and sinker is all about the current *3-4-5 oz. you want the bait close to the bottom.....this time of the year sardines are the key.... on the fall shad works well * but now *ol' sardines is a way to go.....
    -doneli-

Post Thanks / Like

Try antioch pier(the one under the bridge).You will definitly hook up there.Always a good shot at keepers as well.Go about half-3/4 way to the end of the pier and bring shad and chovies.

Post Thanks / Like

Still slow for striper, wait t'll late March. Just got back from sherman island from bank fishing. Caught two juvi striper, the biggest is the 16 inches. Try a 3 foot leader with size 3 or 4 hook. Cast about 20 yards if you are fishing from the bank.
    Chasing them striper from the bank...

Post Thanks / Like

delta trouble

i dont know what im doing wrong. ive just been having a hard time catching stripers! i have been using shad, sardines, a rattle trap, a broken back rebel, and a pencil popper all in the blue/chrome color. i use a medium action spinning ugly stick with #50 braid and a #20 flouro leader. i mainly use the slider setup for bait rigging with a 2 foot leader and a 2 ounce pyramid weight. i usually dont have the time to make it there early in the morning, but im there til i cant see. i usually go to the georgiana slough. any help on this would be nice, thanks!