Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: poke pole

Paul707

Re: poke pole

Glad you guys like my pics... Yep I keep them sometimes.. Most people seem to agree their pretty good eating, theres lots of recipies online.. butya i just gut em, skin em, and fry em..

Post Thanks / Like

I recommend keeping eels that you catch. They have white meat and taste great. Just filet them like any other fish, and then skin it, because the skin isn't good, too blubbery. They're pretty easy to clean, and they're tough skin makes them easy to skin.

Post Thanks / Like

Paul, what do you do with the eels? I've caught a few below Pt Reyes Light House but never even thought of taking one home.

With the pictures, your keeping this board alive! Keep up the good work or rather fishing! 8-)

Paul707

Some pics...

the record

Post Thanks / Like

Very well done. Congrats. I like to do it from my kayak along jetties on my way in, but that is a beautiful cabby.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Cab: I agree about Bodega Bay and the lack of fish. Think about it though its easy to get to and if you can rock jump at all than its perfect.
    If you want good quality fish than you need to do your homework and than hunt for them.Thats why they call it fishing not catching.
    I like finding areas that people dont know about. I dont like crowds so my son and I tend to hike to the areas around the Salt Point and further North. We do okay and see Mother Nature at her best.
    Good Fishing and be safe on the coast.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I 've heard of a lot of people saying they've caught record fish. The only problem with it is going through all the trouble and paperwork of getting it certified.

Paul707

Oh yeah, and this guy claimed the world record monkey face, however ive caught ones i know are bigger, next time i think ill get it certified 8-)

Paul707

I like this video on you tube about poke polin, the guy in it is pretty funny.. he fishes the same kind of places i do, only thing i do different is i use steel leader material instead of mono

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1imKc0IjLY

Paul707

Yeah it had a couple huge crabs in it about 6 or 7" across :o

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast