Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Confirmation of Salmon Opener Cancellation

I agree with the boycott idea, the problem is it dosent matter if you stop buying the farmers produce all that will happen is they will get a nice check from guess who=YOU! All the farmers that can't make a profit are subsidized (check the spelling on that one) by us the tax payers. If you really knew what the farmers get these days you would grow your own produce and throw rocks at all the farmers you see. Some farmers havent turned a profit (on paper) in years yet get hundreds of thousands of dollars to stay afloat. But if we were to start a topic on how f-d up our system is we would all self combust.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, obviously we're all totally pissed off about the salmon situation. We HAVE to go to the upcoming meeting in Santa Rosa. We've gotta pack this place like sardines and let them have it like an army recruiter at UC Berkeley. Here's the info:
    Tuesday
    March 28, 2006
    Flamingo Hotel
    Flamingo Ballroom
    2777 Fourth Street
    Santa Rosa, CA 95405
    (707) 545-8530
    starts at 7pm

Post Thanks / Like

Nice of the Bush Admin and the fish and game let us know after we bought our fishing license!! We all should get a refund for the salmon fishing we could not do because of their mismanagement of salmon and steelhead habitat! BOYCOTT the KLAMATH FARMERS who reciever the 2002 diverted water!!!

predator

Post Thanks / Like

I think the private sector (i.e. farmers using subsidized water) is already running things. Thats the problem.

Post Thanks / Like

well we could adopt the they can't catch us all policy ;D
    since there aren't many fish going to the klamath this year what are the odds of catching one heading that direction. The fish and game needs to be brought down and have real people from the private sector run things. We can't do any worse

Post Thanks / Like

grow your own produce..don't buy any more potatoes..look on the bright side..when more of these corn fuel powered vehicles come out.then the west coast will be supporting the fuel needs of the nation also..
    if you fish for trout you will catch trout!! if you fish for steelhead you might catch steelhead!!

Post Thanks / Like

*Tbe Bush administration does not care about the salmon fishermen. *He already got his votes when the Kalamath water was diverted to the farmers in 2002. *I say, *BOYCOTT the KALAMATH FARMERS products to show our VOTE by our dollars, $$$$$$$$$ !!! * Don't vote for congressmen who are not environment friendly for the Salmon!!!

*predator

Post Thanks / Like

i'm finally sick to speechless.

Jan_from_Humboldt

This will get you there too

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

In those other links I posted was an article that said back when Clinton was Prez they were concerned about a die off and tried to get him to act too, so we can blame Clinton for this too?? [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=rotfl.gif] [smiley=rotfl.gif] [smiley=rotfl.gif] [smiley=rotfl.gif]

God I need to get out and go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard that Jan! I emailed Bush about a month ago regarding all the fraud going on with the FEMA funds. I went to email him yesterday regarding the Klamath and his email address has been removed from the whitehouse.gov website. Go figure. If anyone wants to email him its president@whitehouse.gov Let him know what you think about his decissions regarding the Klamath.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast