donzitroller

Re: Tomales/Bodega 7/30-7/31

Captain, I monitor most of the channels used down there, 9, 16, 68-77.. was still a great trip, was cool and breezy, not the 100+ degrees here at home.. almost decided to stay another day and ditch work just to stay cool!

donzitroller

Slow, slow, slow.. that's all I've got to say. Beautiful water for the most part except for this afternoon when it got a bit rough with a strong wind. Saturday at Tomales, I had a hookup with a fish around 18-20, on a green FBR/herring. Got it close to the boat twice but just out of reach of the net. On the third run it went straight down and came off. That was all for the day, nine hours of trolling. Today out of Bodega, made a run up to the Russian and trolled for hours with nothing to show, not even a bump, unless you count the jellyfish we kept getting tangled up with. Headed west from there and finally got slammed by a 19 pounder in 210' of water with the rigger at 100'. Hit a blue RSK/sardine with a blue tiretrack dodger. Textbook fight, textbook net, textbook in the boat! Too bad it was the only fish of the trip! Next time! FISH ON!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Donzi what channel do you hang on? Let me know .Hope you slayed the salmon!!

donzitroller

Tomales/Bodega 7/30-7/31

Fishing Tomales Saturday and Bodega Sunday. Water conditions looking good, anyone out there holler on the VHF. 20' Alumaweld Intruder jet, Honda 9.9 Kicker. FISH ON!