Thread: CROWLEY LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CROWLEY LAKE

The best time is during July after the Perch have spawned. Then you just cruise the shallows and sight fish for them as they cruise the weedlines eating the fry. If you have a fly rod its a great time for throwing streamers. This is the time when the fish are the most aggressive and its a blast!!

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Crowley mid May with a local guy who knows the lake very well as he fishes it often. We trolled all day and caught one 14" trout. Tried everything. If this is your first trip, know that the wind can be a real issue, even dangerous if you get careless. If you fly fish, midging is for my money the most productive way to fish Crowley after it warms up. Not trolling or bait fishing. I have had some great days midge fishing there. I'll be going back this fall.

Post Thanks / Like

Also be aware that your boat will be inspected, as is the case on more and more waters these days. I heard that a lot of boaters went up 1&2 days early for the opener there, just so they could get their boats inspected, to be able to launch early. Just follow the normal protocals, make sure everything is clean and dry before getting there, etc. and all should be fine. Have fun. Mark

Post Thanks / Like

As we will be in the June Lake area on the 18th-21st, maybe we should take in Crowley?? Are the weeds a real problem? That makes trolling a ::) ::) ::)
    Bud

Post Thanks / Like

I would think by now the weeds should be growing pretty thick all but making it impossible to troll. *Best bet would be by the dam or along the chalk bluffs. *Otherwise it's baitfishing but that is more fun imo. *Try Alligator Pt. or along the bluffs in about 20' or back in McGee Bay. *You'll see the floattubers and other boats back in there. *Also I think Sandy Pt. *I think when when we fished back in there we were no deeper than 12' or so. *

Since you are going up there you might want to give Bridgeport a try. *Troutfan posted how good the fishing is there right now. *Something to think about. *Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

fished there opening weekend. we did really well. had the downriggers set between 15 and 20 ft. with dodgers and a chartreuse pheobe on one and firetiger needlefish. also toplined firetiger rapalas. get on the water early.

good luck,

dhb

Post Thanks / Like

BTW Sonora pass is easier if towing a boat. Kinda steep on the east side of the mountains though so make sure your brakes are good, drive slow in 2nd or low, and let others pass when you can.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Pay attention to launch times posted. Fishing on the north end of the lake can be productive this time of year. Stop in at the store and get a little intel before you hit the water. Usual trout stuff works there well......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

CROWLEY LAKE

Hello sniffers,
    has any one fish this lake
    can anyone give some in site on this lake
    is it worth the 5 hour drive im planning
    i have a 18 footer
    i have driven on sonora pass
    but is Tiago pass better to take
    thanks for the input