Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pardee bank fishing rookie questions + reports

>:(Tough day today, WINDY, rain was hardly a problem at all, only managed two from the bank, moved three times to avoid the wind.
    Would have stayed where we started, but had the grandson along and he didn't like the wind.
    Ended up at the "mud-hole" and picked-up one fish for fours of trying >:(I did see some fish caught, in fact, I saw four guys limit out, just depended where the fish were holding.

Oh well, it was better than being at work!

Post Thanks / Like

pautzees green label salmon eggs.

One egg or two on a hook with a split shot or two and toss it into the river and bam fish on. Those were the days my friend.

Mackattack

Post Thanks / Like

People are figuring out that Pardee is a great place to fish, i just dont like how its closed from november to february, however its a great place to fish in the summertime lots of deepwater access out by the woodpile, last year the owners did not put the numbers in like they have this year and in 2007 thins are looking good for this year!

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the 3 I had caught on the 18th when I was at Pardee. *

Post Thanks / Like

:)fool4fish, this sure is a small world, do you remember when the lodge was still at Stevens creek before it burned down?
    They used to rent boats there years ago.
    Remember how the old road wound around the creek to get there, before the golf course and the townhouses and such were built?

We used to look forward to opening day there, when if you were late, there was no parking anywhere, including the shoulder of the road!

I remember when there was only park ranger there, real nice guy, it was .25 cents to picnic, can you believe that?

Yeah, the only thing you left out about the bait was velveeta cheese and liver for trout.

Another way to rig those worms and eggs is with a treble hook, put two eggs on and then hook the worm through the middle with the remaining hook, it's been working like crazy for us the last three trips to Pardee.

Where did you go to school?

i fish, therefore i am.
    Post Thanks / Like

hey papagreg, we fished the campgrounds. *there is a gate there that leads to a trail that goes down to the lake, nice secluded cove, and its not a creek but just where the water finds it way down to the lake and does flow into some boulders and rocks then into the lake. *very scenic and serene. *i have never used the combination of bait that eveyone seems to using at pardee. *i have never heard of using these power worms with power eggs on the same hook until the day before i left for pardee. *though i did have some green power worms and did buy some white/green power eggs and put them on the same hook. *but only got one bibble and it was very, very light. *i caught the two fish on rainbow pb and i dont know what the other two anglers were using to catch their fish.

when i was a kid some 45 years ago, fishing stevens creek reservoir with my brother and father, there was no power bait, only worms and pautzees green label salmon eggs. *then someone came up with the idea of using small white marshmellows with the salmon eggs to keep the bait floating above the lake bottom. we called this combination a cherry pie. and thats what everybody used. *then there was inflated night crawlers, but the trick was that you needed to know someone who used syringes because you could not get them over the counter. we used to use my dads friends syringes to inflate our crawlers. *he had diabetes and he was a fishing fool like us. *i actually learned this from a Japanese man who showed me this secret art of inflated night-crawlers while fishing at parkway lakes. lol! *

then after the inflated NC came power bait. *just plain yellow. *now we have every color of the rainbow, along with power pellets, power worms, power nuggets, and i am sure there is other stuff as well. *there was a time when my go to bait was a natural bait like night-crawlers, that i could dig up in my back yard at no cost at all! *now i have to pay upwards of $4 to $15 for a various sply of power bait and power worms to be competitive. *looking at this power egg and this power worm on my hook looked so unnatural and fake that i felt like fishing for trout just does not give me the same natural euphoria i used to get when i could rely more on how natural my presentation looked and how i presented it. *its getting to the point where this old dog cant/wont learn new tricks. *
    sometimes i long for the simpler times when people really needed to put some effort into their fishing and always picked up after themselves not leaving all their garbage for everyone else to pick up.

Post Thanks / Like

:)fool4fish, where does a creek enter the lake, are you talking about the culvert near the marina?

Sad to hear about the trash, thanks for picking it up.

Was there today and left with two limits again, power eggs and worms.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pardee bank fishing rookie questions

Quote Originally Posted by bobcatken
    [quote author=jmeds link=1234929448/15#24 date=1235015845]I have a few questions. what time can i drive in to start bank fishing? If i follow the directions to the recreational area is there bank fishing there? how long does it take to reach lake once you get of hwy 99?

Thanks 4 any info.
    The website indicates the gates open 5 am everyday.

Yes, the recreational area is where I saw all the people bank fishing. *There are multiple parking lots in this main rec area and most are very close to the water. *

www.pardeelakerecreation.com * * for more info[/quote]

thank you. i'll be out there soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pardee bank fishing rookie questions

Quote Originally Posted by bilgsmf
    i was out there last friday/13 with c@fish 101 and only caught one and lost one at the bank. *
    I was there along with a buddy of mine, the weather was not all bad from 8 am ish till 130 ish when we left. We both only caught 1 each and never did get another bite while we were there.

Post Thanks / Like

It was good meeting you Ken and having someone to keep me company most of the day. I never did catch another, had some bites but nothing ever really took it. Yet people on both sides of me were still catching. Think the sliding sinker kept grabbing the line and when they bite they would just drop it.

On a side not, DFG walked around and checked everyones catch as well as thier fishing license.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast