Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crazy Boca Rainbow?

Lol thanks guys. Well just one more brown to add to my total i guess, although this one hardly fits in with the others. Every brown i've ever caught has been remarkably large and fat. Maybe because the only place i've ever caught them was at boca...but either way, thanks again. Oh and in response to when it was caught...about a week ago.

Post Thanks / Like

definatley a brown.....one nasty brown at that

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a completely spawned out brown trout.

Post Thanks / Like

When I see pics of strange or unhealthy fish I send the pics to a very good fish biologist I know. Here is his e-mail response:

"Hello Darin, Glad I was able to spark your interest. The trout in this photo is definitely a brown. I base this assessment largely on the spotting (size and pattern). The other attribute is the large size of it's head and mouth. From the photo, it's hard to pick up where the dorsal fin starts and finishes... kind of strange looking there. This brown is also one of the longer and skinnier browns I've seen. I'm guessing it could be a post-spawn female which would explain her weight. Do you happen to know when it was caught?"

Post Thanks / Like

That there is a wounded lookin fish .But if it fought like you say then who knows just an ugly ducklin they all cant be perty lol

Joel <((><

Post Thanks / Like

I am 100% sure that you have a spawned out brown. I have caught similar fish in the past around the same time. Check out the scratches on the belly.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely one stressed out Brown. Nice catch though. Reminds me of a boss I once had.
    There is a spot on the Feather that’s not listed as a planting site but I understand they use it to dump all the small fish when they clean the tanks out at the hatchery. The spot has a reputation for a lot of big Browns holding there to feed on them but they’re all really skinny like that one. I suspect because they don’t get fed the big meals often.
    GC

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught a number browns out of Boca that are skinney like pickerel at various times of the year (not spawning time) so there may be a genetic anomaly in some of the browns there. All of them were of a typical brown trout coloration and put up a good fight.

Post Thanks / Like

haha. You're hardcore for eating that fish man.

I wouldn't have touched that sucker. I'd have simply cut my line and let him have the lure for keeps and then pretended I never saw it... :-X

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. That's a brown. A very sick one. The head shape and rings around the spots are diagnostic. I've seen them after spawning and they don't look that bad. He is either heavily infested with parasites or has some other disease. Salmonids loose their color when they are highly stressed and turn very dark like that. That one was very close to end of his life when you caught it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast