Post Thanks / Like

Re: Camanche Report 3/19

I hope you folks do well on the trout next week, as I will be looking forward to your reports! I have three launches left at Camanche on my punchcard, so will be back up there several times before the April 30 expiration date. I may have to get out my downriggers as the water warms.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Woody
    Have not talked to you since I broke the belt at Del Val in January. Give me a call on 69. Hopefully I will have some useful info on whats working the best.

TCtrout

Post Thanks / Like

TCTrout I will be there on Friday for the day. Maybe I will see you do you have a VHF radio if so I will call you looking for some info on the fishing.

See you on the water
    Woody

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report . I am heading up on Sunday for a week of fishing with the family. Hoping for some good weather and great fishing.

TCtrout

Post Thanks / Like

Camanche Report 3/19

Launched at 7:30 AM and went straight to the Narrows with lines in the water by 7:45. Got a 14-inch rainbow within 10 minutes on a orange grub trolled just below the surface. Action stopped, so I went to Little Hat Island at 10:30 and trolled there and along the dam. I got a nice 16-incher on a Fire Tiger rapala just in front of the spillway at 11:30 AM. Then another 16-incher just north of the buoy line along the rocky shoreline at 12:30, this time on the orange grub. Trolled to Hat Island for nothing, then moved back to the Narrows for a final 15-incher at 2 PM on the orange grub again. Normally, I lose some of the fish I hook at Camanche, but today I went 4 for 4. I think the trophy trout Pro Cure scent helped draw more aggressive strikes, as I normally don't use it.

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures, but I will say the trout were fat, healthy, and fought hard, some showing some aerial acrobatics.

The reservoir is still low and only one ramp is open at North Shore. Also, expect to have your boat inspected for quagga mussels at the entrance gate. I saw very few boats on the lake today - must be that full moon making people think twice about fishing, including me!