Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me pick a location.

Amador is nice but you are going to pay for it. Their rates are ridiculous for camping, fishing, parking a car, breathing their air, and walking on their dirt...there must be more. Basically, you are going to pay for EVERYTHING. Plus, from my experiences, the fishing is not that consistent. I have had great days and really horrible days. Buddy of mine likes Pardee a lot, but I have no first hand experience. If you can handle the cold, I hear Beardsley is the place to be right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me pick a location.

I would do Amador. The back of the campground is very nice this time of year and the fishing can be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Help me pick a location.

Hi there sniffers,

I was planning on doing some camping and trout fishing at the end of the month in the sierra foothills and would like some advise on location.

Was thinking of Collins, but read here that it is real muddy still and does not sound like it will clear. But, that is around the elevation, location I am thinking. Plus I have a coupon for $10 off camping. ;)

I just have a canoe with a trolling motor so real large lakes are tough. Collins size is about the max.

Any suggestions??
    Got to get a few trout under my belt, too many skunks so far this year.

THANKS!!!