Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 11-24 Afterbay (w/pic's)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFish
    Hello Mikespyke, *way to go on the catch out there. *I've banked it a couple times with no luck and will also be out there this w/e in my 17' alumaweld. *Which launch ramp to u use? *I was going to troll for a bit then maybe anchor up and try some PB on the bottom. *
    Howdy BuckFish!

I launched at the Wilbur Rd access. *It was my first time on the afterbay. *We trolled the entire time and worked the channel for the first 2-3 hours and hooked three fish. *After that, we headed out into the unknown and picked up our fish here and there - no single hotspot.

Happy trails, Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Mikespyke, way to go on the catch out there. I've banked it a couple times with no luck and will also be out there this w/e in my 17' alumaweld. Which launch ramp to u use? I was going to troll for a bit then maybe anchor up and try some PB on the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, congrats on the fish and making it to the board!

2003 Jetcraft SK215
    150 HP Yamaha, 8 HP Yamaha T8 & 80 Lbs Minn Kota Riptide, 2006 Dodge Dually

Post Thanks / Like

SuperDave!

I was in the Smokercraft on Saturday 11/24/07. *I chatted with you or your buddy at the ramp before dropping in. *My father-in-law and I went 6 for 7 with an additional takedown that did not stick. *Five of the six were the steelhead (missing adipose fin) and one was a planter rainbow. *Smallest was 16", the largest 18" (the one we netted by you early in the channel). *Sorry, no pics, but everyone that has caught them knows they are fat as footballs! *See you there again on 12/1?

Happy trails, Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clamkin
    [quote author=chicofishrmen link=1195966661/0#0 date=1195966660]

The most amazing thing of the day, was I found out Clamkin & I are blood relatives! *WTH, who has ever caught these while trolling a dodger crawler combo!

Awww Chico, here you went and one-upped me! *;D What did that bad boy weigh in on the Boga?

What should I troll for next to upstage that deal, squirrel or maybe possum? *:P

[/quote]

It went about 3 pounds! I didn't the know afterbay had lobsters!
    Yup, I believe a mammal would be next on the list! You get a squirrel, and rest assured I'll get an beaver! Not that I'm trying!

And BigB, sure I'll have a bigger and better boat, if you're buyin!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chicofishrmen

The most amazing thing of the day, was I found out Clamkin & I are blood relatives! WTH, who has ever caught these while trolling a dodger crawler combo!

Awww Chico, here you went and one-upped me! ;D What did that bad boy weigh in on the Boga?

What should I troll for next to upstage that deal, squirrel or maybe possum? :P

Post Thanks / Like

We had a great day on the afterbay with two fish for about 41/2 hrs
    not bad for our first time there :'( but no crawdad for us i feal left out guess ill have to slow down and try harder next time.
    the one of my team that cought both fish got his best to date with a hooked jaw male right at 24 inches what a fight that thing put up
    HUGGY

Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    The crawdad didn't really fight until it got in the boat. *Chico really wanted that piece of worm back. * ;D

My daughter cught one of them at Caples. I think Chico's was bigger.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Post Thanks / Like

Dave.
    I'm not real good with directions at times,sorry.But you did catch fish and that is a good thing.
    I agree that these fish are a beautiful fish.It's cool just to boat one and look at the spots and colors for a short while.And as far as agressive ,man what a hard hitting,fighting fish.Just to catch and release them is good enough for me.
    I agree that this fishery won't last long since thier isn't going to be a plant next year.
    And not everyone will C&R or use a barbless hooks ,thier will be those who will catch thier limit which will kill the fish population real fast.I know that the females will spawn and hopefully keep it going but i doubt it.It would be sad to see the afterbay fished out due to fishing greed as i call it.
    When i was launching i seen the duck hunters also and wonderd what the heck.Kinda neat fisherman and duck hunters on the same water.I guess untill someone get's lead in thier arse.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    It was fun having Shawn on my boat for the first time. *Any time I can spoil a guy and make him be unsatisfied fishing on his own boat is a good time. * ;D
    Dave,

Does this mean that Chico will have a bigger/better boat by the Salmon Fest in July?

Brian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast