Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eagle after Turkey Day

"V" Bob, thank you for posting the pictures for me. :)

EXCAVATOR

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some fat fish! great job ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Pics from Excavator 8-)

Post Thanks / Like

All right EXCAVATOR!!!!

4.11 is a dandy fish. *

Post Thanks / Like

A great day at Eagle ;D ;D * * *My dad and I got a late start :P but it did not matter. *Put the boat in at 9:00 *::)

I had my first fish in 15 min. :D a fat 3 pounder. *Another 15 min. and another hog 3 pounds 7 ozs :o *

Nothing on my dads poles so I hooked him up with an orange rapala on the down rigger, 150 feet back and 17 feet down and a orange power grub on the top line, 200 feet back. * 20 min later his down rigger pole starts to dance *;D ;D *He caught the big fish of the day for us, a football 4 pounds 11 ozs. *he was a happy guy ;)

He and I landed a handfull more, with our limit we headed back to the truck. *Off the water at 1:00 :D

Talked to Cornfused a couple times and his boat was having good luck as well.

The weather was great !! *The fishing was great !!! *

I mite have to make one more trip up when the weather gets nasty just because it seems like the thing to do :-?

EXCAVATOR

Post Thanks / Like

Bryan, headed to EL on the 30th, for Goldylocks's b-day. Promis I will leave the Crown Royal at home [smiley=smiley_crazy.gif]. Staying at the Mariner I believe. If you are around, lets have a cold one and shoot the bull! If not we will see you on the water. Matty

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Eagle Lake 11/17-11/20. Two boats, we caught almost 50 fish. Throwing back 4 lbers were common. Fished North End by troxel point with orange and watermelon grubs. Most fish were caught in 5-7 feet of water, 2-3 feet off the downrigger.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got an "on the water" report from a good friend of mine. With a number of you headed up there in the next day or so I thought I would pass it along. 11/22/07 = Air temp @ 6:30 am was a balmy 15 degrees. Surface temp at the Spaulding boat dock was 33 degrees with a quater inch of ice between the jetties. Surface temp at Troxel was 39 degrees. Fish were biting. Now that sounds like good Eagle Lake fishing weather. See you on the water

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BryanBDGS
    Never under estimate the south end of Eagle ;) Agreed it usually takes colder water temps to get the fish moving but for what ever reason there are alot of nice fish down there right now and the best part.... not alot of boats.
    Thanks Bryan, with 4 days on the water I'm sure we'll fish the South end at least one day. We usually spend most our time there when we fish Eagle in November. My friend must have fished it on an off day last weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXCAVATOR
    Don't forget the heater *

EXCAVATOR *
    Got it packed! Looks like the forecast is for morning temps in the mid to high teens. It will be a chilly start [smiley=cold.gif]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast