Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Los Vaqueros report

Got there at 6am waited for the gates to open. Rented a boat and headed to troll the eastern shoreline for nothing. Then we anchored up in one of the eastern coves, and by my 10th cast I hook a nice 5 pound salmon. It put up a decent fight for about a minute then the wind started to kick up and we had to go back in. ( white caps are crazy ) That was it for the day went to the marina to get my mug and the fish weighed a little more than 4.5#. The fishing looked pretty slow on the banks for trout but there were a bunch of people fishing. Not many people had stringers out in the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LastBassActionHero
    yea, i'm going for sure tomarrow morning. It looks like the winds will be anywhere from 10-20. I have a free half day pass for a boat hopefully i get to use it tomarrow. I'll report whatever i catch!
    Yeah please post your results! I might also go out sunday so ill probly post again. Have fun and good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

yea, i'm going for sure tomarrow morning. It looks like the winds will be anywhere from 10-20. I have a free half day pass for a boat hopefully i get to use it tomarrow. I'll report whatever i catch!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LastBassActionHero
    Bealy, how windy was it when you were out there? Those electric motors are only so powerful. I'm thinking of going tomarrow now!
    We got lucky, the winds that day were only 8-12mph. But the electric boat we had seemed to have a new engine on it and it was very powerful. U can always check the lakes weather conditions on their website(http://www.ccwater.com/losvaqueros/conditions.asp) Winds should be ok this weekend. I might be heading out there again soon to check it out. Good luck if you do go out there!

Post Thanks / Like

Bealy, how windy was it when you were out there? Those electric motors are only so powerful. I'm thinking of going tomarrow now!

Post Thanks / Like

How heavy of a weight should I use to get it down say like 30ft? I want to see if i would still be able to use my ultra light gear can handle the weight.

Post Thanks / Like

what if i use a 3 way swivel with a heavy weight on the bottom with the leader headed out?

*swivel
    line>>__________*_________________$$$--$ < lure
    !
    !
    !
    !
    @ << weight

troutseeker

great job Bealy, sound slike ya had a blast...

Post Thanks / Like

There are some special trolling weights that I saw in a cabelas cataloge that look nice. Put one on there and then just tie on your leader and your bait. Thats about the only way i could think of getting down deep without leacore/downriggers. Maybe deep bait fishing or drifting would work. I think tragedyspring sumed up leadcore line up pretty well, except that we always use about 10 feet of clear 6-8lb leader and still have good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

is there any other way of getting to that water dept without downriggers or leadcore line? I want to use my ultra light tackle!! Maybe I just gotta dunk some PB for them then

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast