Post Thanks / Like

Re: 10 Browns and a dz Bows

1. Were all of those fish hitting topwater ? I only fished with intermidiate sink line, Most of the hits came within the 2-3 foot water column. There were lots of risers on the surface so a dry fly shoud work real well.

2. did you fish the res? were there many people fishing /camping? thanks rat . I Just fished the AB. I didn't even stop to look at the Res, nor the campgounds, so I have no idea what the campgrounds was like. Sorry
    When I got to the AB around 4:30 there were only 2 cars parked down there. Mine and another couple that was fishin at the spillway. Latter a few more people showed up.

3. How bout a pic of one of those bad boy browns next time ? Yea. I could have, but a fish splashin water all over with my new digital camera might spell disaster so , sorry.... I could take a picture of the one I brougt home showing it's very red meat I guess ;) !!

Slim

Post Thanks / Like

WOW Slim!! What fun and what beautiful pics. We are not sure where you were fishin' though. We want to fly fish once we become better at trolling.

Keep it going,
    The Dobies

Post Thanks / Like

great pics slim.thanks!....i almost didnt recognize the spillway at first!lots of water.did you fish the res? were there many people fishing /camping? thanks rat

Post Thanks / Like

I love fishing the afterbay, thanks for teasing me. Were there many people camping? Man those are great pics, all the hot spots!

Post Thanks / Like

The bridge kind of reminds me of Disneyland and the log ride.
    Thanks for the pics and good report.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a good day of catching. The scenery pics are beautiful. How bout a pic of one of those bad boy browns next time ? I havent tried fly fishing yet. Were all of those fish hitting topwater ? If they were it must be a rush to see the surface strike. Congrats again ! ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, those are some really nice scenery pics. Thanks for posting them.
    I suspect the boards are quiet because alot of people are fishing the Kokanee derby. Man it looks like its going to be a scorcher up there today.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Lake Tahoe, I can't believe this has been read 60+ times without someone writing Great Post!!! Nice pictures too! Everyone's probably jealous. Take care and Good luck, Eric :)

Post Thanks / Like

10 Browns and a dz Bows

It wasn't a bad evening on the local sewage pond. It was just what the doctor ordered. None of the fish were less than 14" and a couple were near 3 lbs , all were great fighters !!! *Bead head, Olive wolly buggers was the ticket, cast to within a foot of the shoreline. Most of the browns were within 2-5' of the shoreline while the Bows were all over the place. The last 1/2 hr I switched to a small Shad imitation and the bows were all over it.

The Spillway was still running hard.

Fishy waters for sure.

Love that Beardsley AB

Slim