Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Amador 6/17...Fishing Rods of Fury!!!

OP79, go back a few months and check out HH3's posts. We had a blast out there in the winter! Jwilson knows what i'm talking about. *;) All the info you need are in those posts.

fourbizzle

Quote Originally Posted by office_pirate79
    Hey Pirate, how deep did you have to go to get those trout?

We were doin' it old school bigfishee...no depth finder, really no way to mark the fish. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say about 30+ ft? There were TONS of fish hitting the surface in/around the middle of the lake. We even saw one destroying a minnow or shiner or something...that little guy jumped clear out of the water! It may have been my imagination, but I could've sworn I heard the faint screams of 3" baitfish :-?

Thanks fourbizzle! I've been checking out your posts in the Team Backlash thread on the Bass Board and you guys rock! I've only got into some decent bass like the ones in your pics one time and well...let's just say it wasn't exactly "legal." Who am I kidding...it was completely illegal and I've felt pretty bad about it ever since. I will never, ever fish a protected watershed that holds ridiculous amounts of trophy fish EVER AGAIN.

hey man, if you're using artificials and not killing fish, you shouldnt feel to bad. but a little bit of guilt is probably good! there are too many places that are over regulated and many more that are under regulated, the state of california's wildlife resource management is in shambles, im not from here originally and back home they had things worked out much better, we just didnt grow big fish. but its sweet that you went and slayed them the old fashioned way, those donaldson's are a kick on light gear!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch and report. *I'm with Darren, it's been a while. *Well, since May 21st. *We'll be out after salmon season and what some call the "stripper" *;D season *[smiley=angling.gif] again. *Great job on the mighty cutbows. *Don't miss next years donut fest, you'll have fun *[smiley=fencing.gif] * [smiley=stretcher.gif]. *

JW

Post Thanks / Like

great job I stopped fishing that lake a month ago because they stopped
    planting it and the water temp was soo high. But as i can see the fish are still there and catchable. fishing pressure is generally light during this time of year due to the high temp of the water. But this is my favorite lake. The fish fight so hard and good size also. the biggest fish this year for my boat was my dad's 9 # trout. Keep up the good work.

Post Thanks / Like

bigfishee...As we were drifting, sometimes we were on the bottom, and sometimes were were suspended. You know...changes in bottom contour and all that jazz.
    But oddly enough, we were using the sliding sinker PB setup that you and everyone else uses. My buddy told me that that's rig/method we'd be using, so I questioned whether that would work knowing that the rig would be suspended if we were in some of the deep channels at that lake and that rig is for bottom fishing. But hey...it worked! He said the last time he was at Amador (he slayed 'em that time too), he actually had one sliding sinker rig dropped down straight below the boat (suspended of course) and one that he casted out. Nailed 'em on both. I hope that helps!

Post Thanks / Like

Pirate, this might help me out. Were you guys fishing on the bottom or suspending the PB. Basically what rig were you using? I typically do the sliding sikner PB rig from shore, never drifted before. Anchored, but never drifted. Thinking of doing a Trout/Bass/Cat combo trip soon.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the 411 lite drag. I've been wanting to try trolling a little more...I know it can be productive. So yeah, I'll definitely give that a try. And to be honest, that dang post took me 3 days to finish. Between figuring out My Pictures, imageshack, and trying to make it look pretty during my breaks and lunches, it was no small feat for my tiny brain!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pirate, how deep did you have to go to get those trout?

We were doin' it old school bigfishee...no depth finder, really no way to mark the fish. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say about 30+ ft? There were TONS of fish hitting the surface in/around the middle of the lake. We even saw one destroying a minnow or shiner or something...that little guy jumped clear out of the water! It may have been my imagination, but I could've sworn I heard the faint screams of 3" baitfish :-?

Thanks fourbizzle! I've been checking out your posts in the Team Backlash thread on the Bass Board and you guys rock! I've only got into some decent bass like the ones in your pics one time and well...let's just say it wasn't exactly "legal." Who am I kidding...it was completely illegal and I've felt pretty bad about it ever since. I will never, ever fish a protected watershed that holds ridiculous amounts of trophy fish EVER AGAIN.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you had a good time. If you feel like changing up next time, try a 3" orange power grub behind a dodger. I like watermelon, but have had good results with silver, and chartruse too.
    Nice report, I wish I could type fast enough to do post 1 like that. If I typed 1 that long, it would take me an hour... ;D ;D
    LD

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear that you slammed 'em....or actually they slammed you. Thanks for the report.

TC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast