Post Thanks / Like

Re: RED HOT  at Del Valle  June 1

Happy Bday FireTrout. I'm glad to hear Del Valle is still producing since there haven't been many postings lately. What a great way to spend the day!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RED HOT *at Del Valle *June 1

No there were not alot of people fishing. about 5 boats for trout maybe 10 on the entire lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RED HOT  at Del Valle  June 1

Happy Bday Firetrout

I was debating whether or not to give del valle a try on Sunday. I was going to go to Quarry since it's so close by and there weren't any good reports of late.

Hmmmmmm....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RED HOT *at Del Valle *June 1

Finally a good trolling report but too late to ready my boat and switch plan. I am rigged up and headed to Los Vaqueros tomorrom am. Happy Birthday.

Post Thanks / Like

RED HOT  at Del Valle  June 1

[smiley=bananadevil.gif] Red Hot today at Del Valle in Livermore.

I was going to celebrate my 50 th [smiley=birthdays.gif] today and go FISHING. [smiley=fishing1.gif]

So yesterday I tried to call a party boat to fish for Salmon out of Sausalito or Half moon Bay, but there was so little interest for today that no boats were going out.

So I decided to take Firedog with me and go to DelValle. Got there and in water about 7:30 am and went to Badger cove in the Swallow Bay area. I was going to troll today and it was Great! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] Had a limit by 9:30 and had 4 LDR. The sizes were from 1 1/2 to 5.6lbs. I used BB Rapala J-7 black/white shad pattern and a Youzuri minnow with blue top and white bottom. One on a firetiger J-7 BB Rapala too. Used downriggers at 10-15 feet.

After that I took a ride to the dam area and fished for bass. First cast I got a 12in. small mouth bass. then nothing for the rest of my time. Then went back to Badger to see if I could pick up any bass, Nada.

The area had about 4 others fishing with bait, knocking 'em dead. All got limits of Big fish. They must be on the move out from the south end. They used chartruse baits.

Also, the Heron bay did well for one other couple with limits weighing 25 lbs total.

Water temps went from 69-75 degrees.