Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pyramid 5-5 and 5-6-06

im taking one of my wifes clients on sunday does anyone have a recent report on pryamid ;) surface temp and or depth would help I usally dont fish pyramid this late in the year thanks everyone ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. I am going to work my way back from Tahoe on Friday, and hope to check out Pryamid on Friday evening and Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

I was camping with a group of guys fly fishing on the west side by the north nets. All the big fish were caught from that location this weekend. 9 pounder, 2 @ +7 and 2 @ +6

2003 Jetcraft SK215
    150 HP Yamaha, 8 HP Yamaha T8 & 80 Lbs Minn Kota Riptide, 2006 Dodge Dually

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Thomas
    Nice report and pictures did you guys miss me *
    Not really ;D ;D ;D but you did come up in the conversation. I think it was a memorable first trip for digger, now next winter he'll be dogging us to go all the time ;) ::) ;D ;D Bite Me II did look good, well as good as Bite Me II could ;D ;D ;D I think all that cremo has started him growing again, he looked taller 8-)
    Mickey I hope the conversation was nice and juicy [smiley=frakenstien.gif]

Post Thanks / Like

we did okay on sunday on the west side fly fishing. *I caught a 17in and a 25in fish in *a little over two hours. *we were nymphing under an indicator as described previously. *if you are interested in going let me know as I may be going this weekend. *nice fish guys and thanks for the photos. *Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the best East side shore fishing spots are Red Bay and Anderson Bay. To get to either spot, take Rt 447 to the sign for the Pyramid and take that gravel road. Go past the Pyramid and continue North past the first rocky area (the Bat Cave) and Red Bay will be to your left. You need to hike down an embankment, but it's not too bad. You can continue North past the next rocky area (LA Rocks) and the large bay is Anderson Bay. Having said that, the beaches have been dead on the East side and most of the fish are being caught of the rocky areas that are not really accessible to fly fishing. But that could change from day to day.

There is no reason to avoid the West side. It gets crowded around the nets area, but even there the pressure is dropping off. The best thing to do this time of year is to walk the shoreline near the points and look for fish. Separator beach just to the south of Pelican Point is a good place to start. It's easily accessible and there are generally schools still cruising that area in May. Use a double bead head nymph setup under a strike indicator for average fish or scoot a green, black, or purple woolly bugger just off the bottom for the big guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report and great fish guys!!

I am a visiting Alaskan, who lives to fish. I fish a 100 days or more a year in AK, all flyrod. I am really interested in Pyramid, and am in Reno for a couple of weeks on business. Going to be heading out there for a go at it.

I would appreciate any suggestions for where I might do OK. Sounds like staying away from the spawners on the West side is a suggestion from this thread. Are there some approachable areas on the east side to get into fish? I can cast well, and am armed with a wide range of rods and lines.

Thanks in advance. I will be glad to share information if anyone is headed to Alaska some day! If you are interested, check out a site I help moderate at www.alaskaflyfish.net

Post Thanks / Like

Nice too see Ken out on the boat it looks like you guys had great time thanks for the pics and report. ;D

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry it took so long guys, this computer was just not cooperating. *

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you guys had a great trip. It's nice to see your pictures and see Bite Me II out there too. Looks like we'll have to wait until October before we get up to Pyramid.. Larry

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast