Post Thanks / Like

Re: 5MPH limit on Folsom Lake is back

Fished Folsom on Sun. Huge rafts of debris. Didn't stop 4 of those huge pickle fork off shore type boats from takin a couple of speed laps. They didn't stay long. Probably ran low on $3.50 gal. fuel. Don't think the price mattered much to em. Must be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Streak
    Thanks for the update Empire. This only makes it better for us fishermen/women! You gotta love it! *;D
    So long fleas and skis!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Empire. This only makes it better for us fishermen/women! You gotta love it! ;D

kokaneemart.com

Empire is correct, the 5mph is in effect. I was just at the lake to see the water level and conditions and the ramps at Granite Bay are a real mess. I spoke to a Ranger and asked about the no ticket comment and he said absolutely you would get a ticket. In fact his quote was "no leniency...if you are on plane you will get a ticket"
    Good luck,

Post Thanks / Like

Thank's for update
    funny skeeter tale
    stagin for wiskeytown and shasta on weekend
    folsom ought to get better, it sure owes me.
    later....

Post Thanks / Like

5MPH limit on Folsom Lake is back

According to the website folsomlakemarina.com the 5 mile per hour restriction is back.

The lake has been rising at about 1 foot per day. There was a ring of debris around the lake which has probably floated up again.

Of course, last time it was in effect it really did not matter to many folks. I even asked one bozo on a jetski and he said the ranger told him the restriction is for liabilty purposes and he could go as fast as he wanted.

I hope he got a name, it would make the judge laugh, and judges need to laugh more.