Post Thanks / Like

Re: Evening bite at Folsom

Hey No_Ancho,
    I think I saw you headed out there today. Green North River on Natomas street in all the traffic. I was going the opposite direction with the black Alumaweld. I was out there test running the boat (motor issues). Anyway, while I was there I saw two boats leave. One had 4 bows and the other had one. The guy with the 4 bows said he caught them on broken-back rapala's with some "red" on them. He was top lining. The other guy said he caught his on speedy shiner I think. Good luck on Sunday.
    S.J.

Post Thanks / Like

No stars or vhf, I just have Rainshadow rod building sticker on the sides.

Post Thanks / Like

Will keep an eye out for you. I carry a hand held vhf tuned to channel 69. You flyilng your sniffer stars?

Post Thanks / Like

Weather permitting I'll be out there sunday also. Ill be in the green North River. If you see me cruise by and say hi.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the details. I was thinking about hitting up Folsom on Sunday. :)

Post Thanks / Like

I was fishing about 35 feet back on the downriggers and about 150 feet back on the top rods. We fished the morman island area. Lots of fish on the finder at 40 feet.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report no anchor. I was curious about the evening bite especially since the hours of daylight are increasing. How far out behind your boat were you trolling?

Post Thanks / Like

Evening bite at Folsom

I launched the boat at 4pm today and fished until 6:15. We ended up with 4 kings, all about 14". Also got 2 planter rainbows. The kings were caught on speedy shiners down at 25 to 40 feet at 2.5 mph. The rainbows were caught top lining yozuri pin minnows at the same speed. I saw a few boats leaving as I was entering the dyke 8 ramp, curious to here if any body did any good during the day.