Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pyramid Next Week?

In california you must chain up if you are pulling a trailer and some officers say to chain the trailer, so get a set of cables for your trailer and at least 1 set for your 4x4, you'll need it on the ramps ;D ;D

Post Thanks / Like

I came over I80 Monday at 4:00pm. I have a 4wd, they made me chain the truck, and said if I had trailer brakes I would have to chain them. I have a single axle. Any one with tandem was having to chain the braking axle.

Post Thanks / Like

My wheel fenders are within about a 1/2 from my tires on my trailer. This prohibites chaines or cables.

Post Thanks / Like

They made my brother chain his boat trailer yesterday coming through Truckee
    My understanding is if you have a trailer with tandem wheels,(2 tires on each sides) you have to chain the set that has the brakes on them. I wish one of the Highway Patrol members would chime in here and give us the real poop ;)

Post Thanks / Like

If you're pulling a boat or any kind of trailer across the Sierra this time of year, you need to carry chains for your truck, whether it is a 4-wheeler or not.

Good luck all at Pyramid...I'll hit Eagle Lake one final time next month before it closes for the season...

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been up there and all they made me do is throw chains on the truck 2 or 4 wheel it does matter when towing a boat.No trailer restrictions.

I was up at pyramid in my 16 ft klamath with north winds pushing 5 ft swells what can say it was a blast headed directly in to them ;D ;D ;D.
    pulling the boat out it is a hole nother story. :o.

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

They made my brother chain his boat trailer yesterday coming through Truckee :o

Post Thanks / Like

are you kiddingut chains for your boat trailer or is that a calif law?

Post Thanks / Like

You guys also have to be careful when there is ice on the ramp & dock!! My buddy last year went down, when his feet went out from under him. He got shookup and hit the back of his head on landing. He was ok, just a lot of sore spots to rub, while fishing......Watch out for ICE !!

If you are going to hurt yourself; do it getting that BIG FISH into the boat!!!

Good luck...Ed

Post Thanks / Like

My brother and I use the same method. Northriver with cooler on the back makes it tough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast