Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Headed to Eagle Lake

It wasn't my call to tie it to the bouy, but the best part is nobody is missing. We did search the area for about twenty minutes and nothing was in the water. I'm glad Larry saw the thing, and nobody hit it. We came with in thirty yards of running right over it. DF30

Post Thanks / Like

Sure was great to hear that you made it out there! ;D

Check your PM's.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys tied it to the bouy! Tim came over to my place on Saturday eve and neither of us had heard anymore, kinda wierd, but no ones missing!!

BITE ME II
    8) 8)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bite_Me_ll, I heard you and saw your boat and was wondering if that was you. Glad to see you're up and out again. That place is great. I can't wait for my next trip. The next trip will have to be a little longer than a weekend though. That is one long drive from Riverbank to Eagle Lake. Hey, if you talk to Larry, ask him if he heard anything about the boat we found adrift at 4:30 in the morning. It was floating out in the middle of the lake with a ball cap and a guitar in it. We towed it in and Tim called it in, but we never heard who owned it.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report Dogfish. I'll be out there in a couple of weeks. ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Hey DF30 I was talking to Larry, Frack and Tim while you were on board, Sounds like you had a good time..

BITE ME II
    8) 8)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all, I just got back from Eagle Lake. My first trip there, and it was great. Went out with Fish Camp Guide Service. Larry was great, and his boat is a fishing machine. We were on the water at 4:30 so we could start fishing at 5:00. My first hook up was at 5:30 but it spit the hook about 50 feet from the boat. I had my limit by 7:30. Both fish going a little over three pounds. We were using what I think are called trout killers, and needle fish in red and orange soaked in Pro Cure Shrimp Oil. No flashers, dodgers, or side planners. We trolled from 30 feet to 35 feet around Eagle Nest and Miners Bay. Just outside the bobber fleet. If you go there you'll see them. You can hook up using a sliding bobber to about 30 feet with night crawlers. Saw, and heard of fish being caught all over the south end of the lake by people that were using dodgers and all including one radio report of fish being taken on Sep's Grubs. The bite is early there. They got lock jaw when it warmed up. Good luck to all. DF30

Post Thanks / Like

HH3 - looking forward to your report. I'll be hitting Eagle Lake from Aug 7-12. It'll be my first summer trip there in about 25 years - I usually just fish the Oct/Nov timeframes. Good luck and post pics. Thanks, BC.

Post Thanks / Like

Hoghunter,

Check out the website www.eaglelakefishing.info and go to "Val's Fishing Report" for up to the minute details on what the fish are biting on, where to go and the water conditions. Great info on fishing at Eagle Lake!

Good Luck! :D I'll be up there for Labor Day weekend! 8)

Post Thanks / Like

And I'm sure you will post the best pictures as always HH3. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast