Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: boat ramp

Post Thanks / Like

Re: boat ramp

Holly better get out her "stupid" stamp ;D it's only going to get worst, I do like the sign idea but it should be "rules for using launch ramps" sign...

Post Thanks / Like

8)funny is wathching a guy in a brown camaro at rollins trying to dump a seadoo and talk on the cell at the same time ??? 8) :P the latter end floated up on him and he started screaming for help ;D but the funny thing was the cell never left his ear :o ;D :P

Post Thanks / Like

I think sitting at the ramp watching people is one of the greatest shows on earth. I've seen coolers roll out of the backs of trucks, people screaming at each other. Even once saw a guy in such a hurry to get back up the ramp that he slammed into the back of a new Duckworth boat. The driver of the boat was a pretty small guy, and the other guy was launching his ski boat and had a HUGE attitude. I thought things were going to get ugly, when the passenger from the Duckworth boat truck, got out. I'm 6'3" and 2much. I was scared of this monster. He got out and calmly told the guy to get in his truck and they would talk about at the parking area....The kid with an attitude, just turned around and the big guy got in his truck with him to make sure he 'found his way to the parking lot'....I would bet lots of money that the boat was totaled. Transom bent up good and the motor in two.

I just let the idiots go first and watch the fun....

Post Thanks / Like

The ramp at Pelican on Pyramid lake is where I have seen several near altercations. *Some selfish people think that just because they drop someone off even though they are not next in line they can immediately back their trailer down the ramp blocking the person who is next in line. *These people are completely arrogant and rude and don't really give a crap what you or I think. *Just last year, I went out there fishing with a friend of mine. *When we pulled up to the dock there were four boats ahead of us. *We were wating for our turn behind these two elderly gents. *When these two mullet heads pulled up to the dock dropped a guy off who ran up and drove his pickup straight down the dock. *Well they had these two gents blocked off and they yelled that the old guys should move their boat. *The old guys were intimdated and my friend and I jumped into the discussion which turned into a shouting match. *These dolts did not want to understand that they had cut the front of the line and they are the ones who should get out of the way. *Luckily these two Neanderthals were too drunk and decided not to pursue a confrontation. *The point is that if we had not intervened they would have bullied their way in front of the older guys. *There should be a bag limit on these kind of arrogant mouth breathers. *If we all show a little bit of patience and courtesy we all have a good time!
    I have run across the "drop-off" at Pyramid more than any other lake and I am amazed that we haven't read about an incident in the paper as of yet! >:(

Post Thanks / Like

I just wait till the ramp is clear ;D thank god I havent came across anybody swimming by the ramp I think I would be like Mickey except I would of said something like this hey look Im new and Im famous for throwing kids off the dock ;D :o ;) :-*

Post Thanks / Like

IDEA ;D
    How about as a group we come up with a design for a little sign that they can put by each ramp. It can say at the top like boating etiquette or launching tips just something nonoffensive. List them one by one just giving tips. Officially bring it forward to all the different agencies, State, County, City, DFG, etc. Ask them to have the signs made and placed at each of their launching facilities they run. 1. Please have your boat ready to launch before proceeding down ramp. 2. Have patience with fellow launchers. 3. etc etc. Some lakes I was at would have a rep at the ramp during peak times. They would let the trailers to the head of the line who were bringing boats out. That was cool. Just my 2 cents.
    2Shakes ;D ;D 8)

Post Thanks / Like

You are the better man for being calm,and gentleman do the right thing by letting the stupid people or rude people know they are in the wrong. If we are all gentleman we will all have a good time, all the time, hopefully fishing.
    Great job at being the bigger person and gentleman lazylab
    TCtrout

Post Thanks / Like

it is never about raising ones voice or making hastyel gestuers :) i let him know comely what was done wrong and left it at that :D i had wife and son in the car and did not want to make a big argument out of it in case the person would fly of the handle!but at the end on the way home i was a better man 8)new friend,the look on the wifes face and better yet my boys for not pushing the issue at the ramp any farther that day 8)best luck to all we still have many more months of newbies left ;) ??? ::)

Post Thanks / Like

;D Still the same today 25th.
    Mothers and family's think air" anything that floats" and the pic-nic gear is OK to drop off @ the ramp.SO whats the diff than flot tubed and float boats?

Hay the Kid's love it. " the ramp" when Mom & Pop drop them off... ;D Makes me smile ( Mostly )

we need to help the newbee's "I was one" and the public learn. ??? ;)
    It has been a bad year for speed wake over doo also, Wet Dog reminded me yesterday, it is 5 MPG not 10 MPG as I remembered.

OBTW fishing was slow this AM 8-to noon two planter size with worms& apex and none on AC plugs.

The birds were extra special with COOL air showes.

Post Thanks / Like

Jason. The same Nergo Bar that the State misspelled at Nimbus? <snerker (sp)> -=Cy P.S. I think it's late enough to go today... think I will...-/+

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast