Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Nacimiento White Bass

Went to Nacimiento yesterday and fished Snake Creek. We got some white bass trolling with chartreuse roostertails behind 3/8 oz. sliding sinker. Also got some spotted bass trolling with the same setup. Mostly, it's slowing down, not many fish chasing shad in the evening. We were there until almost dark. We got some casting the smallest rattletraps around where we could see some fish splashing here and there. Anyone else getting any?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Take me with you Striperking. My buddy just went out w/ his family this weekend and had major success.
    U down ninja? Its all good with me. Trying to see if doc could get is a boat. Not worth renting there. As soon s we get a date I'll let u know. Did ur buddy take a boat out? Or were they strickly banking? What was the area? U can call me later. Don't wanna have everyone there with us lol

Post Thanks / Like

man i never knew Nacimiento had White Bass. I was born in Santa Barbara(in Stockton now) I used to go camping there every year, makes me feel stupid. Next time I plan a camping trip with the boys, I'm gonna go try for them. I always got huge cats, gills, and crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by striperking13 View Post
    Hey Sendogg, you ever go up the narrows? When was the last time you had a good outing there? Let me know cuz i am thinking of making the long trip this year. Thanks.
    Take me with you Striperking. My buddy just went out w/ his family this weekend and had major success.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Sendogg, you ever go up the narrows? When was the last time you had a good outing there? Let me know cuz i am thinking of making the long trip this year. Thanks.

Last time was in late march when they were spawning. Did pretty decent about a month ago. If you go I'll recommend making a weekday trip, because the weekends are packed full of water lice!! Which makes the fishing horrible.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for info. on the minnows Sendogg. Keep in touch! Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sendogg View Post
    If you can catch the shad then thats the best bait. But it seems harder to catch them in the summer so I get some minnows instead. I'm from the san jose area so I get them there at Coyote Bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snospdr View Post
    The Nacimiento Lake gets flow from old mine areas, apparently where mercury has been brought down into the lake over the years. San Antonio is safe from what I understand, but no white bass there. The striper fishing can be outstanding however.
    Sendogg, you mentioned catching white bass at Nacimiento in the summer in deeper water on minnows. Are you referring to shad? I know that they used to sell minnows years ago outside of Paso...Let me know ..plus, how do you fish the white bass in the summer? What depth and what areas? Thanks for the info in advance!
    snospdr
    If you can catch the shad then thats the best bait. But it seems harder to catch them in the summer so I get some minnows instead. I'm from the san jose area so I get them there at Coyote Bait.

Post Thanks / Like

The Nacimiento Lake gets flow from old mine areas, apparently where mercury has been brought down into the lake over the years. San Antonio is safe from what I understand, but no white bass there. The striper fishing can be outstanding however.
    Sendogg, you mentioned catching white bass at Nacimiento in the summer in deeper water on minnows. Are you referring to shad? I know that they used to sell minnows years ago outside of Paso...Let me know ..plus, how do you fish the white bass in the summer? What depth and what areas? Thanks for the info in advance!
    snospdr

Post Thanks / Like

I usually go here a few times a year and always keep a few of them to eat. So I was just up there a couple of weeks ago and when i was cleaning my fish to take home, the game warden came by and told me that they recently did some testing and found a very high level of mercury in white bass and spots in the lake. So they are going to post signs to let fishermens know about it. I didnt want to waste the fish so i still kept the ones i plan on keeping but I think they'll be the last fillets I'll ever take from that lake...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast