Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bon Tempe 5-3-10

That was one of my favorite lakes to fish back in the 60's for trout, among with the other waters that
    held bass and pan fish, for a fun outing.

I miss that area for all the freshwater, saltwater fish and the clams and other stuff that we would go after.

If we got skunked, we would hope that Dad would take us out to Sabela's or maybe even San Rafael Joe's
    back in those days.

Nice to see the lakes are well taken care of for hikers and sportsmen.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent post. Nice work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

nice post
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Reader

Good post i really like

Post Thanks / Like

Way to Go Kevin...
    You should have at least 2 on the stringer right about now.

I went to Luchesi Park last night for an hour or so.. hooked 2 bass at a couple pounds a piece. Then set-up on one a little larger and snapped the line. lost my fav spinnerbait.

oh wait... this is the trout board... nevermind about the bass...

6. Likes parker1860 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bon Tempe 5-3-10

Got to Bon Tempe today after 3 and it was a beautiful sunny day but a little windy.

1st hour and a half no bites what so ever on orange power bait, blue fox 3/16 lure or white power eggs. I finally decided to put on new power eggs and the bite turened on simutaneously. First fish was the biggest a fat 14 inch 1 lb. 3 ounce rainbow.

After getting the hook out and getting back in the water I got another fish which was about 11 inches but a bleeder so I kept it.

I was dipping the 2 white power eggs in Berkely Trout Attractant. About 10 minutes after I put this setup back out I got another fish on which was about 9 inches and barely hooked so she was released.

Had a bite on my other pole using orange power bait but I was busy releasing the small fish. My final fish, a 1 pounder came a little bit before 5.

After that I had 1 more bite then the commorants came to town and the bite died completely. Started out slow but after getting my first fish there was 30-40 munutes of solid action. 4 fish caught, 1 released, and 2 missed bites. Got them fillet ready to smoke and I will be heading back tommorow fishing the same area in the early morning.
    Last edited by GNappers; 05-03-2010 at 08:27 PM.