Post Thanks / Like

Re: Union/Utica Reservoirs

Last time i was there the wind was rediculous and the skunk sure stank.

Post Thanks / Like

Union is the one of the two that is normally stocked with RT. It has not been stocked yet this year so fishing will be slow, the lake is not deep enough for good holdover fish. Spicer is a much better bet for trout fishing right now.

Fishery Biologist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deltadog View Post
    Has anyone been by there this year? Has anyone fished them in the last year? If so how did you do? I am possibly planning a trip up there next month and have never been. Would like to know if its worth the trip.....

I fished Union a few years with my son. Actually, cool place to teach youngster as bullhead cats were biting all day, with a mix of a few trout. Might be a good chance to fish Union and or Spicer, or both since Spicer has good rainbow fishing. Also, check out the Sniffer map section and column they did on Union a few years back.

Post Thanks / Like

Ebbetts Pass Sporting Goods in Arnold (209.795.1686) will have the latest info. Haven't heard anything on Union/Utica, but Spicer has been pretty hot.

Reeltor

Post Thanks / Like

I havent been to either lake for a couple years but they are beautiful lakes. The first lake you come to I think is Union and they don't plant that lake so fishing there is not very good. (at least they didnt use to plant it , it is possible that changed but I doubt it.) The next lake and the most beautiful at the end of the dirt road is planted and I have caught a lot of trout there. I have never taken my boat there but have caught a lot from shore.
    There is a sporting goods shop in Arnold (can't remember their name) , if you can find their name call them. The will provide excellent fishing information.
    Waterdog

Post Thanks / Like

Question Union/Utica Reservoirs

Has anyone been by there this year? Has anyone fished them in the last year? If so how did you do? I am possibly planning a trip up there next month and have never been. Would like to know if its worth the trip.....

"I dont drink these days...I am allergic to alcohol and narcotics...I break out in handcuffs..."
    Robert Downey Jr.