Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: We found hundreds of fish but we can't catch it ?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_ONE View Post
    What...stripers at Garcia Bend almost into July? Or is it me that I haven't been out fishing for quite a while? Or are we looking at an early fall run? If you can't catch those suckers, pull out a 1/0 hook and you will start landing them left to right. Just put on your pile worm following up your leader leaving that hook sticking out, put on a split shot and just let it drift.
    I just thought about that because we were at 14 ft and fish are in 9-10 ft.

Post Thanks / Like

What...stripers at Garcia Bend almost into July? Or is it me that I haven't been out fishing for quite a while? Or are we looking at an early fall run? If you can't catch those suckers, pull out a 1/0 hook and you will start landing them left to right. Just put on your pile worm following up your leader leaving that hook sticking out, put on a split shot and just let it drift.

"WHere were you fishing?" Bigg A's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they were late schools of shad....

Post Thanks / Like

Smile We found hundreds of fish but we can't catch it ?

Hi we used pile worm and they were hitting it really bad but we only landed 2 small ones. We also have sardines and they wont touch it. Closer to noon time they started hitting sardines too. I also have eel that day and they hit it when I was still fresh then left it alone afterwards. But on my fishfinder they passed by all day long most of the time 20+ fish and some schools too. I never saw my fishfinder with a school image before, the fish is on top of each other. I will be bringing liver & bloodworm too next time. I was at Garcia bend. Men I just got tired looking at all the fishes and trying to hook a keeper. Any suggestions? We also tried dropping yozuris with weights no luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12