Post Thanks / Like

Re: wiould this sinker/hook set up work?

Take your main line put on a egg weight thean a bead tie on a small swivel then a small leader like 2-4 inches, catfish dont care how long your leader is. Ive caught them both ways but I really like a small leader.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: wiould this sinker/hook set up work?

That will work. If you are fishing in any current, your bait might spin and without a swivel it could cause some twists in the line that can be a pain. If you are fishing in clear water, it might be better to use the snap swivel, egg sinker, and a hand-tied leader that is lighter than the main line. Fishing for stripers in Lake Havasu, I use 10 pound main line to a swivel with a small egg sinker above it, then 6 or 8 pound flourocarbon leader about 24 inches in length. The water is gin clear though, so light line is a must there. Sometimes, I'll skip the egg sinker and either flyline the bait (no weight) or use only a small split shot.
    Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

wiould this sinker/hook set up work?

Hi,
    Usually I use a sliding sinker with a snap swivel and pre-packaged snelled hooks. I recently bought some kahle hooks to try out because it's supposed to work better with cut bait. I was planning on tying my line directly to the hook with an improved cinch knot. With an egg sinker before the hook and using a split shot to control how far the egg sinker is from the hook.

Is this okay or is there a better way? Thanks for the help!