Post Thanks / Like

Re: Folsom-wednesday

I live 3 min from Folsom and fish it pretty often. One or two fish for the day is doing good on this lake as the level varies wildy from week to week. I don't think either launch has a fish cleaning station. Best bets are the long channel arm up rattlesnake bar or salmon falls. Beale Point is the best to get to rattlesnake, brown's ravine for salmon falls.

I would recommend a small broken back rapala behind a flasher like a willow leaf. Nightcrawler behind a flasher also works.

Good luck and let us know how you do.
    Last edited by troutsavvy; 05-03-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: error
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day."

Post Thanks / Like

Folsom-wednesday

My goal is to head out to Folsom lake, THURSDAY NOT WEDNESDAY, for the first time. Plan on launching from Folsom Point around 9:00am. Granite bay launch seems to big and busy. yes/no?

Question: Which is better for launching, Folsom Point or Browns Ravine. Do both have a fish cleaning stations? As mentioned, This is my first time on this lake.

I don't have a VHF radio yet (on order) so if any of ya see my wife and I trolling in a 14' alum Westcoaster W/ a merc 25, DRs, and a blue bimini top, PLEASE cruise by and say hello!

I NEED FISHING TIPS
    Tight Lines, Jim
    Last edited by westcoasterjim; 05-03-2011 at 05:09 PM.