PDA

View Full Version : Saltwater fishing supplies

slick88
09-23-2006, 08:03 AM
I wasn't sure whether I should post here or on the Classifieds Board, but since I'm not selling, I decided to post here instead.

But I wanted to know where all you guys buy your tackle and gear in the SF Bay Area. What stores have the lowest prices? I've been to Fisherman's Warehouse, Sports Authority, Hi's Tackle Box, etc.

cabbagehead
09-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Hi's in SF or Outdoor Pro Shop in Oaktown.

bluestar
09-23-2006, 09:21 AM
for basic stuff go tgo Walmart.

keciga1
09-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Outdoor Pro Shop in Oakland. West Marine for some stuff, but mainly Fishermans Whs.

TSL
09-23-2006, 07:41 PM
ebay

TSL

gmdcdvm
09-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Locally Hi's and Outdoor Pro in Oakland have a great selection. Your best prices though are usually on the net. I like to support local shops, and the guys at Outdoor Pro and Hi's tend to be pretty helpful (most of the time) in helping with your selections.
G

Rusty_Hooks
09-24-2006, 04:18 PM
Walmart and Longs when the stores have gear...(Santa Rosa)

dbass
09-25-2006, 06:57 AM
Fishermans in Sac has the better pricing and selection, than Wal-Mart, Ive come to find out myself.

Chief_Sniffer
09-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Our big local dealers, the FW's, Hi's, Outdoor Pro Shops, Mel Cotton's etc. (there are several more too) are all here providing quality local fishing tackle/info/service.

It's not that I don't ever go to Wal-Mart because it's significantly closer, but when I've got that trip coming and I'm going to drop a nice chunk of change on baubles for the tackle box, I'm going there.

Plus try to call a Wal-Mart and ask if they have a certain lure in a certain size or color.

I think of the people I know who work in these places, they are friends of mine. They show interest, answer questions. A few pennies seems insignificant in this conversation.

Big_Easy
09-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Wal-Mart and Kmart to start with ;) *BayArea Tackle shops is another very good place. *

A lot of people dislike Wal-mart for their GOT-IT-ALL in one place and putting the smaller mom and pops tackle shops out of buisness. *If they have it for cheaper, that's where I'm going! *8-)

Who says pennies do not add up! ;D

The_Reel_Won
09-25-2006, 07:17 PM
Off season Cabelas, Offshoreangler, Boatersworld aka "Great banks"

On season OPS aka Outdoor pro sports in Oakland.

CORN
09-25-2006, 08:13 PM
For convenience, I go to Discount Mart Bay Tackle in El Cerrito since it's the closest store to me. They've got good stuff too. Like El Jefe, I like to support the local stores.

If they don't have something, I'll make the run to OPS in Oakland.

cabbagehead
09-25-2006, 10:49 PM
ps- Don't skimp too much when getting your saltwater gear. You can get away with that when powerbaiting for trout, but the salt and big fish will ruin the cheap stuff fast. Spend a bit more on 1st go-around and you'll have more fun and save money in the long run. My $0.02.

Fishbutt21
09-26-2006, 08:11 AM
My first stop is Outdoor Pro shop in Rohnert Park.they always have what I need *from local halibut and salmon gear to the big game tuna and long range stuff. having guys in a store that actually fish is a big help also