PDA

View Full Version : South Bay sharks

JB14
09-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Headed out if San leandro today about 645 to amazing bay weather. No wind, warm sun and no chop at all. Headed down by San Mateo bridge and fished from about 7:30 - 2:30 and put 27 sharks in the boat and over a dozen others that came unbuttoned. Mixed bag of leopard, seven gill and soup fun with the biggest @ 45". Caught fish on squid, midshipmen and salmon bellies. Fished in about 55' if water on the outgo and bounced over to 25' on the flood. Not a bad day at all considering I forgot our net.

Snapped a few pics but not great. Here's my buddy with a little seven gill.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/23/u8aqetun.jpg

Weather was perfect all day and when we headed it the water wasn't even white capping.

rk2fish
09-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Sounds like a great outing out there today, thanks for the report. I wanted to try out the south bay today , since we haven't been to the bay all year, but the wife was a bit ill this week, so we stayed home. Are the salmon bellies worth taking for bait? Any ray's down there? Are the sharks there all year long?

JB14
09-23-2012, 07:17 AM
We didn't have issues with rays. Not 1 ray for the day. That's always good.

Salmon bellies seem to catch shark every time. I've never caught a ray while using the bellies like we have with squid. Yesterday it didn't matter tho. Everything caught fish.