PDA

View Full Version : trailoring ur boat with a sea surge??

bobby
09-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Whats your technique for trailoring your boat at the harbor when there is a big surge? just got a new boat, new/old boat..

My other boat was samller, and much lighter.. Just currious to hear all the different techniques guys use..

cptfishalot
09-21-2006, 12:38 PM
I don't back the trailer sofar in the water and it lines up better.
I let the winch do the work, which I know some people will say "Huh"
But it works all the time and I always keep an extra strap.... 8-)
I use "waders" when I step in the water...... ::)

I need to get those trailering guides on my boat and that would make it easier.......

I have a 2352 Trophy Walkaround cuddy @ 4800Lb's.......

SuperDave
09-21-2006, 01:04 PM
After a few launches, you'll discover where the front of the bunks should be relative to the water. Getting too deep is probably the most common error in trailering. Boats should be able to drive onto the trailer or wench on. A floating stern is a nightmare in rough conditions. Forcing the boat up the trailer is the primary solution. The step I took to mitigate sway was these spacers to keep the rearend from having too much slop.

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/3992/guideafter17cf.jpg

bobby
09-21-2006, 02:54 PM
yeah, tricky in the surge, i used to get in the water too in my old boat! good answers thoughm fun to hear how each person does it.

fishenrick
09-21-2006, 04:09 PM
I have the guides on my trailor, which are worth their weight in gold.
I back up close to the dock as possible and step from my truck to the dock step onto the bumper of my truck then to the trailor and wench the boat on and off I go. Lots of practice fishing by myself or with my 5 and 8 year olds, one day soon they will be doing the work.

fishenrick