PDA

View Full Version : Tomales Sep 10

suicideRunner
09-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Went out on the left side of Hog Island. Almost right behind it we came across a big sting ray swimming on top the water. Really intresting to see two big wings coming out of the water.
Was on the way up to where the Ocean met the bay and saw a big fin swimming towards the ocean. Got up to it and it went down. About 5 seconds later a bouy was head out to the ocean. Yes I said a bouy. And right behind that another bouy. So we turned on our engine and we couldnt keep up with it. Can you say BIG SHARK. So we turned and went the other way.
Started drifting with anchovy. No bites.
Anchored down and came across a big school of fish and dropped out the Sabiki rig. Got a Mackrel and Smelt. I filleted one side of it and used it for bait. No bites. My friend used the other half and got 3 good hits on it. He set the hook and it snapped his line.
Moved to the sand bar and got a big hit on anchovy. No catch though.

All in all it was better then staying inland. Would of liked to of caught more then a Mackrel and a Smelt. But there is always next weekend.

Lata Junkies ;)

CaliFishier
09-10-2006, 08:10 PM
That's very weird about the buoys, about fishing like you say "there is always next weekend".

Thanks for the report and welcome to the boards.

fence_man
09-10-2006, 08:22 PM
fished there today all so got 20 plus leopards and lost alot more . didn't get ther until 12 left at 5:30

Redwine
09-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Hey SuicideRunner,

Were the bouy's that the shark was pulling the type we use on crab traps?

Redwine~