PDA

View Full Version : I need some camping info

Whoopbass
09-12-2006, 07:45 PM
I am planning a camping trip in a couple weeks and had a few questions.
I've narrowed the locations down to Half Moon Bay, Monterey or Santa Cruz.
First off does anyone know the name of the campground thats near HMB and also does anyone know if there is still schools of anchovies inside the harbor?

Are there any campgrounds near Santa Cruz and also how will the rock/hali fishing at Santa Cruz be in a couple weeks?

I don't know squat about Monterey. Is there any campgrounds near there?
I fish out of a 15' aluminum boat so I don't venture out too far so I was wondering if the jetty fishing is any good around there? Is there anything else close by to fish or is the ocean to ruff in that area to fish out of my small boat?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vito
09-13-2006, 06:26 AM
I used to camp near Paharo dunes frequently. That isn't too far from Santa cruz. San Gregario, New brighton, these are couple of campsites in the area.

Check this out- http://ra1.reserveamerica.com/

Fish_R_Us
09-13-2006, 10:17 AM
I believe that the Francis Beach sector of the HMB State Park has the campgrounds. They arn't too fancy, just some dirt stalls with a picnic table. There's no privacy, or any trees between camping stalls. You are basically right next to your neighbor.

San Gregorio Beach has no campsites, just day access.

There's a state campground furthur south of Pecsadero that's up in the hills, about 5-10 minutes drive to the coast. The campgrounds are more private with alot of redwood trees and bushes separating the campsites. Also the tall trees make for alot of shade during the day. It is pretty busy during peak periods however it is accomodating during off-peak times. There is piped water but no showers at this place. Butano State Park is the name of the campground. This place is good for south excursions to Pescadero and Pidgeon Point for costal access areas.

Whoopbass
09-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Thanks guys.
I checked out all the ocean side campgrounds I could find with the info above and it seems all of them are already booked up for the weekend I need.

I found a private rv park near Santa Cruz that i'm going to try out.
At this place they have fairly new travel trailers for rent for only $35 a night. Beats sleeping on the ground.

Thanks again!!!