PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Gasoline

sethonious
09-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Be warned... We had a pretty scary moment this Saturday. I will not use business names but if you are familiar with the marinas you will know what I am talking about. I have seen a few references to the cheaper gas at a certain bodga marina being of inferior quality and I can now attest to that.

Last year we only bought gas at the more expensive marina as it is easier to pull into with a bigger boat. No problems! This year with higher prices and more experience maneuvering the beast we've been going to the less expensive marina. With only a few fill ups (seriously no more that 20 hours) an engine died after we were done fishing. It sounded like the engine was not getting any fuel so we inspected the fuel filter, and it was clogged full of crap, sand, rust, and other unidentifiable nastiness. >:(

The 10 cents a gallon you save is not worth the worry, trouble, and additional cost of fuel filters. Pay more for fewer problems.

CaliFishier
09-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Absolutely, that is really bad, and not only for cost $, it is nothing fun having problems with engines miles away from shore. :o

TSL
09-13-2006, 03:01 PM
i have been filling my boatat the hard to get to station for 2 years
in in late july(?) i made a run down to point reyes and found that a 2 week old fuel filter had become plugged
i asked one of the workers of the marina if any one else had been having problems
he said no one had said anything to him
has anyone else had fuel problems from the hard to get to pumps?

TSL